Mercer University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ben222

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I just received an interview invitation from Mercer University and I was just curious if anyone has already interviewed there or has any info on the interview process at their school. Thanks and good luck to everyone!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, first off congrats and good luck. I had the early interview in December. I was notified of my acceptance in early January. The process is fairly straight forward. They split you up into two main groups. One group interviews and the other takes a tour and talks with the current students. Everyone is very easy to talk with and they make the process very painless.

The interview process was unique for me. I had basically three separate interview sessions. The first two are with two different sets of (2) faculty. Each set questions you for about 15 minutes. Then you rejoin your group in a "group discussion" with the head of the DPT program for another 15 minutes. When I heard this I got a little nervous but when it gets going it's over in a heart beat. I definitely do not remember all of the questions that were asked BUT I can tell you that nothing stumped me. I definitely recommend knowing why PT, why Mercer, etc... They were basically just trying to get to know the students a little more personally outside of the basic questions.

Again good luck.

Awesome! Thanks for all of your help! are you going there for sure? Congrats on the acceptance!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Definitely. My top choice was between Emory and Mercer. I had an interview with Emory last year and was put on the alternate list. After my interview with Mercer this year, I couldn't imagine a better fit for me. It really is a great program with excellent faculty. Good luck!

Hey everyone! I have an interview for Mercer coming up and I was just curious about the process. Do you interview with other students or just the two sets of two faculty? Also, what type of questions do they ask? Thanks for all of your help!

Hey, posted the details earlier in this thread... Up Above :D Good Luck:xf:

Did you have to write an onsite essay? thats what scares me the most.

There is no essay to write. Just be prepared to talk about yourself and your motivations at length!

There is no essay to write. Just be prepared to talk about yourself and your motivations at length!

Really appreciate the help guys. I am first generation college student from a 3rd world county. If it wasn't for people like you and this web site I would certainly be lost on my career path. Thank you

Not a problem, good luck at the interview. Keep us posted!

Not a problem, good luck at the interview. Keep us posted!

The interview went well. Some questions were shocking but all in all it was a wonderful experience. Mercer will definitely be a top program nationally and internationally in the coming years.

Guys, how were you informed about you acceptance and how much time after the interview did that happen?

Thanks in advance.

I was notified by a phone call but that may have been because my interview was at the beginning of December and they wanted to let me know before the holidays. Soon after the phone call (about a week), I received a letter with details. Good luck!

I got a call Monday night from Dr. Taylor regarding my admission! Still waiting on the letter with the details... Good luck!

I got a call Monday night from Dr. Taylor regarding my admission! Still waiting on the letter with the details... Good luck!

Congratulations!! That is so exciting! When did you interview at Mercer? Keeping my fingers crossed that I get that exact same phone call!!

Hey everybody, I got a call from Dr. Taylor on Monday as well. I'm pretty stoked to be heading to Atlanta this summer as Mercer seems to be a top notch program. Good luck everyone!

Congratulations!! That is so exciting! When did you interview at Mercer? Keeping my fingers crossed that I get that exact same phone call!!

I interviewed on Feb19th, in the morning group. Hope you hear some good news soon!

I was notified by a phone call but that may have been because my interview was at the beginning of December and they wanted to let me know before the holidays. Soon after the phone call (about a week), I received a letter with details. Good luck!

I got the phone call...i could not believe it. I believed when i saw the letter. I swear I thought I was dreaming. lol. Send my deposit so.. you will be seeing me in august.

I am praying for you Ben. I hope u get it Bro.

Congrats on your acceptance! See you in August.