Mercer Médical Accelerated Track - barely info online

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1106805

Hello, I’ll be applying next year and I’m positive I want to do primary care, specifically family medicine in a rural setting. I was interested in the Mercer accelerated track but there’s not much info online regarding it. How’s the application process, how many students get into it, is it difficult to get into it. I have a lot of questions so if anyone could be of help it’ll be greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

You’re joking right? I asked how’s the application process. The article tells me WHEN application opens. Whereas I was trying to get a general consensus of how process is actually like. This is why I didn’t ask because I already saw that page and I knew it didn’t answer my question. Second I asked how many students typically get in. Do you see any number that states that in the link you gave me? No. I also asked is it difficult. Do you see that in that link. Also no.

I already knew the type of students that want, when the application opens. I know that they pay for 2 out of the three years there. Which is why the questions I ASKED were not available in that link. So maybe you should read carefully next time.
Have the day you deserve

• Okay...
Reactions: 1 user
You’re joking right? I asked how’s the application process. The article tells me WHEN application opens. Whereas I was trying to get a general consensus of how process is actually like. This is why I didn’t ask because I already saw that page and I knew it didn’t answer my question. Second I asked how many students typically get in. Do you see any number that states that in the link you gave me? No. I also asked is it difficult. Do you see that in that link. Also no.

I already knew the type of students that want, when the application opens. I know that they pay for 2 out of the three years there. Which is why the questions I ASKED were not available in that link. So maybe you should read carefully next time.
Have the day you deserve
I get why you're upset, but this comment is really argumentative and I don't think people would want to help you after posting something so sort of hostile. I would recommend editing or deleting this comment if you want feedback from the community.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I get why you're upset, but this comment is really argumentative and I don't think people would want to help you after posting something so sort of hostile. I would recommend editing or deleting this comment if you want feedback from the community.
I wasn’t being hostile, nor argumentative.

• Haha
  • Okay...

Have the day you deserve
It says what they are looking for, which is someone who is in good academic standing i.e. can handle accelerated schooling and must be interested in rural care. I am sure that if you meet both of those criteria then you can get into the program because they are trying to solve the issue of rural communities being medically underserved. Also, I imagine that more details are released internally once you are a medical student at Mercer.

Email program-specific questions to this person (this is on the page and this is why I said to look harder):
1623089571466.png

It says what they are looking for, which is someone who is in good academic standing i.e. can handle accelerated schooling and must be interested in rural care. I am sure that if you meet both of those criteria then you can get into the program because they are trying to solve the issue of rural communities being medically underserved. Also, I imagine that more details are released internally once you are a medical student at Mercer.

Email program-specific questions to this person (this is on the page and this is why I said to look harder):
View attachment 338393
No it’s not what I am looking for because you’re not even sure if the program is competitive. You’re just guessing because of the lack of people in rural medicine. Mercer is heavy in rural medicine so that may skew whether or not if the program is competitive. Also I wanted a student’s perceptive. Obviously I can email them myself I had already set that up but what administration tells you and what the student tells you is usually different. I wanted to know more personal information based on someone who went through the program, who is is currently in the program or who knows someone that does. So no that’s not what I’m looking for which is why I came to a student forum. I literally just wanted some insight based on a student perspective. Which is once again why I came to a student based forum.

• Okay...
No it’s not what I am looking for because you’re not even sure if the program is competitive. You’re just guessing because of the lack of people in rural medicine. Mercer is heavy in rural medicine so that may skew whether or not if the program is competitive. Also I wanted a student’s perceptive. Obviously I can email them myself I had already set that up but what administration tells you and what the student tells you is usually different. I wanted to know more personal information based on someone who went through the program, who is is currently in the program or who knows someone that does. So no that’s not what I’m looking for which is why I came to a student forum. I literally just wanted some insight based on a student perspective. Which is once again why I came to a student based forum.
I highly doubt you are going to get someone on here in the program. Email that person and ask if you can get in touch with a current student. And stop being argumentative, I am trying to help you.

Reactions: 3 users
Hello, I’ll be applying next year and I’m positive I want to do primary care, specifically family medicine in a rural setting. I was interested in the Mercer accelerated track but there’s not much info online regarding it. How’s the application process, how many students get into it, is it difficult to get into it. I have a lot of questions so if anyone could be of help it’ll be greatly appreciated.
With all due respect, you are not only looking for a needle in a haystack here, based on your very specific requirements regarding who is qualified to respond, but you are two years too early, so should probably just stand down.

You are interested in rural primary care, so Mercer is probably a good choice for you. As to all of your questions about the program, they are irrelevant unless and until you receive an A from Mercer.

At that point, Spring 2023, two full years from now, you can and should do your research, if you have a choice between Mercer and other schools, to help you make a decision. Lots of time and contingencies between now and then.

The odds are EXTREMELY high that you will never have to worry about this, either because Mercer won't be one of your choices, or because you will have Mercer but won't have anything else. 60%+ of all applicants receive exactly zero As, and only half of the rest have more than one. Good luck!!! :)