Mercer 2008 Class Interviewees post in here!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I received a call from Mercer saying that i am accepted! :)

Members don't see this ad.

i got in... i just received a phone call from mercer.. im so excited.. i was in that 11/30 group.. i didnt expect to be this quick though... i wish everyone else the best of luck..

Me tooooo...I got accepted!!! Ha...and here I was freaking out and stressin all over this forum!!! Ha, jk....but yea, I did not expect it to be so quick either...I thought they would meet today and then call sometime next week...oh whatever...I am all smiles now!!!:)

Members don't see this ad :)
Omg... I hope they are not done making phone calls. :(

I got a call from mary-ellen, too. Life is good right now.

I got invited for an interview January 11th but will not be attending because I got in somewhere else, good luck to everyone else applying

ha! congrats to everyone.. we might be classmates.. for the future interviewees!! go check out the feedback.. i left sth there.. i hope u guys will find it helpful..

I got invited for an interview January 11th but will not be attending because I got in somewhere else, good luck to everyone else applying

when did u apply and when did u get the email

hmmm...will Mercer call you if you get rejected or on wait-list??? I missed the call today because i was at school and Mercer called my home phone. Mary-Ellen left a message to call her back on Monday. Can someone tell me what is that mean? Do they only call the ones they accepted?? I'm so nervous! Monday is too long....

As far as I know, they only call those they've accepted. Rejected or waitlisted folks generally receive snail mail. Congratulations are in order...:)

Andrew-
Did you get an invite on Friday or did you get it previously? I am waiting to hear if I got an interview and am really nervous since I heard that they had a admission meeting yesterday. :confused:

Thank you, bigsis. I'll call back on Monday to make sure. I'm still upset that i missed the phone call. I wanted to hear it myself:(. Now i have to wait until Monday.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got an invite to their January 11th interview, anyone else going?

Sorry I took awhile to reply, but I haven't looked at this thread in a couple weeks. I just got an email from Jordana that my file was reviewed again today and I'm still on the wait-list. As for experience/extracurriculars, I've been with Walgreens for 5 years. I do fundraising/walks for ACS and Susan G Koman, do Habitat for Humanity, volunteered extensively for hurricane relief efforts in '04 when Charlie/Jeanne/Francis came through. I'm still shocked. They must not have liked my cologne, or maybe my Chemistry teacher that did my LOR stabbed me in the back.

For those of you who got accepted to Mercer,
did you have any W's on your transcript??
If so, how many??

For those of you who got accepted to Mercer,
did you have any W's on your transcript??
If so, how many??

yea! i have one W, and it was for my bio class.. but i retook the next semester and got an A on it. i dont think W is that big of a deal as long as you retake it and do well..

For those of you who are accepted, have you receive the acceptance letter yet?

So here it goes

My interview is on Friday, January 11th and I'm traveling from California. Anyone with me??:)

I just got the first Hepatitis B and the MMR and tetanus updated (ouch!).

Anyone else? They are due by July1st, so the Hep shot needed to be started by Jan.

So here it goes

My interview is on Friday, January 11th and I'm traveling from California. Anyone with me??:)

I will be there on the 18th...but I did notice you will be at Creighton on the 25th. I will see you there. Looks like we are making a lot of the same stops.

I just got the first Hepatitis B and the MMR and tetanus updated (ouch!).

Anyone else? They are due by July1st, so the Hep shot needed to be started by Jan.

Are you kidding?!? I don't remember reading that, perhaps I blocked it out. It seems a little odd that we have to get those shots before we even find out if we're accepted. Now I'm slightly bitter :bullcrap: I think I'll get over it tho. Do you know if there's a link to the list of shots we need. I think I already had some of those but it was a while ago so I'm not sure.

See you in Nebraska Nate!! :D

has anyone accepted started applying for housing yet? i think they said that we could start in November but i'm not sure.

Sorry I took awhile to reply, but I haven't looked at this thread in a couple weeks. I just got an email from Jordana that my file was reviewed again today and I'm still on the wait-list. As for experience/extracurriculars, I've been with Walgreens for 5 years. I do fundraising/walks for ACS and Susan G Koman, do Habitat for Humanity, volunteered extensively for hurricane relief efforts in '04 when Charlie/Jeanne/Francis came through. I'm still shocked. They must not have liked my cologne, or maybe my Chemistry teacher that did my LOR stabbed me in the back.

Wow... I got waitlisted too. My GPA and my PCAT are about the same as yours but I don't have a lot of volunteering experiences at all. I've worked as a tech for about 3 years now... I really hope I get off the list soon.

Does anyone remember when the next admissions meeting is?

hey everyone! i'm new to the forums. i had a friend tell me about this site.

i'm interviewing with mercer next friday (feb. 1). i'm pretty nervous. this is my 2nd time applying to mercer. i interviewed with them last year and got wait listed. i'm thinking it may have been because i have limited experience (i only worked in a pharmacy for 2 months). but who knows. i made an 84 on my pcat, and my science gpa is 3.36 while overall is 3.54. i'm also graduating this summer with bachelors in biology (i've heard some people say that having an undergrad degree is looked well upon at mercer...is this true?) i really hope i get in.

also, i have a friend who interviewed a few months back and he said there isn't an essay part to the interview like there was in the past....is this true? last year i had to write an essay at the end.

hey everyone! i'm new to the forums. i had a friend tell me about this site.

i'm interviewing with mercer next friday (feb. 1). i'm pretty nervous. this is my 2nd time applying to mercer. i interviewed with them last year and got wait listed. i'm thinking it may have been because i have limited experience (i only worked in a pharmacy for 2 months). but who knows. i made an 84 on my pcat, and my science gpa is 3.36 while overall is 3.54. i'm also graduating this summer with bachelors in biology (i've heard some people say that having an undergrad degree is looked well upon at mercer...is this true?) i really hope i get in.

also, i have a friend who interviewed a few months back and he said there isn't an essay part to the interview like there was in the past....is this true? last year i had to write an essay at the end.

HAHA.. i think i know who this is!! hopefully you r finding some useful info on this site.. good luck

HAHA.. i think i know who this is!! hopefully you r finding some useful info on this site.. good luck

hmm you either a) work at SLC or b) are in my lab. :)

otherwise i have a stalker. lol

Next AdCom meeting is Feb 7. I think I'm gonna die of anticipation! :eek: There is no essay. And. . . The assistant dean inferred that a bachelors degree made you a much more desireable candidate. The interview is really laid back though, you have nothing to worry about! :)

Next AdCom meeting is Feb 7. I think I'm gonna die of anticipation! :eek: There is no essay. And. . . The assistant dean inferred that a bachelors degree made you a much more desireable candidate. The interview is really laid back though, you have nothing to worry about! :)

thanks for the info. i'm gonna have to rock that interview. hopefully i'll hear something immediately after the 7th. :)

hey i need some advice on something.

the day of my interview i have a test at 9am. but i'm coming from athens (UGA) so i'm assuming it shouldn't take more than an hour and a half to get to mercer's campus. my interview is at 1pm. the class gets out at 9:55, but i'm sure i'll get out of the test earlier than that. do you think i should take the test???

my teacher said that we can miss 1 test and make it up at the end of the semester (i don't have to give any reason for not showing up) BUT if i take it at the end of the semester, i'll have 3 tests all lumped together in a 2 day span near finals. i was initlally thinking about taking it at the end of the semester, but now i'm not too sure b/c of the scheduling issues.

Yes, having a degree is in your favor. I think the last two classes have had around 55-60 percent with a four year degree or more before they entered Mercer.

Also, I know at least 3 people right off the top of my head who did not get into Mercer the first time but did the second year they applied, so I think that is also in your favor.

Are you kidding?!? I don't remember reading that, perhaps I blocked it out. It seems a little odd that we have to get those shots before we even find out if we're accepted. Now I'm slightly bitter :bullcrap: I think I'll get over it tho. Do you know if there's a link to the list of shots we need. I think I already had some of those but it was a while ago so I'm not sure.

See you in Nebraska Nate!! :D

Well I've been accepted already. But a lot of schools require the Hep B anyway!

No W's. I am missing one pre-req, though, which I am completeing now.

hey i need some advice on something.

the day of my interview i have a test at 9am. but i'm coming from athens (UGA) so i'm assuming it shouldn't take more than an hour and a half to get to mercer's campus. my interview is at 1pm. the class gets out at 9:55, but i'm sure i'll get out of the test earlier than that. do you think i should take the test???

my teacher said that we can miss 1 test and make it up at the end of the semester (i don't have to give any reason for not showing up) BUT if i take it at the end of the semester, i'll have 3 tests all lumped together in a 2 day span near finals. i was initlally thinking about taking it at the end of the semester, but now i'm not too sure b/c of the scheduling issues.

I think you should take that test. You'll have enough time to get down to Mercer.

I have an interview on Feb 8th! yay! But it seems like they have very limited seats at this point, looking at all the people that have been accepted. Congrats everyone!

i called mercer the other day to ask them why they thought i didn't get in last year, and what i could do to improve myself for this year's application process/interview. the girl i was talking to looked at my folder and said my pcat and grades were good and that my interview went well last year, so she wasn't really sure as to why i didn't get in. but she thinks that maybe i didn't tell them enough about my pharmacy experience (i don't even know if i told them anything about it even though i do have some experience.). so she just told me to do some research and really educate myself on the industry to let them know that i'm not unaware of what's going on in pharmacy.

i called mercer the other day to ask them why they thought i didn't get in last year, and what i could do to improve myself for this year's application process/interview. the girl i was talking to looked at my folder and said my pcat and grades were good and that my interview went well last year, so she wasn't really sure as to why i didn't get in. but she thinks that maybe i didn't tell them enough about my pharmacy experience (i don't even know if i told them anything about it even though i do have some experience.). so she just told me to do some research and really educate myself on the industry to let them know that i'm not unaware of what's going on in pharmacy.

did u apply early or late

I have an interview this Friday and I was wondering if anyone knows the best way to get from the airport to Mercer. I know they said to take the train to Chamblee station, but I'm nervous about somehow screwing up the train system and missing my interview. Are there any airport shuttles that offer good rates or am I pretty much left with taking $60 cab rides?

I have an interview this Friday and I was wondering if anyone knows the best way to get from the airport to Mercer. I know they said to take the train to Chamblee station, but I'm nervous about somehow screwing up the train system and missing my interview. Are there any airport shuttles that offer good rates or am I pretty much left with taking $60 cab rides?

It is about 25 miles from the airport to Mercer. I rented a car, which set me back about a hundred bucks, but if I were to have taken a cab it would have costed much more.

did u apply early or late

i tried to get my application in by september, but i had issues w/ getting a LOR in. i think my file was complete late october/beginning of november. i have a friend who finished his the same day as i did, but he got his interview at the end of the november and ended up getting in a week later. mine wasn't processed until about december because i made a careless mistake on my information (which is fixed and ok now) but it did put me back when i probably could've gotten an interview months ago.

i guess you'll be in my interview group :)

i'm not really sure about the train/marta, i'm not originally from atlanta, but if i were you, i'd probably just take a taxi. it's really not that far from the airport. just depends on how traffic is.

Marta is pretty decent from the airport - I would think it would take you longer to get on the shuttle and rent a car than it would to go buy a card and get on the train. However, Atlanta does not have as good a system as a lot of cities, so the train frequency is not as great. Plus, the north line splits off, so generally during the day every other train will go to Chamblee. If you have more specific questions PM me and I'll try to help.

Hey guys-

I am from Atlanta and I would say that the cheapest and probably the easiest would be to take Marta (on the DORVILLE line) to Chamblee (16th stop). Then you can probably get a taxi or call a taxi to take your from the MARTA station to Mercer.

The second easiest and cheapest would be to try and get a good deal on a rental car (if you are of age). depending on what time your flight gets in, the traffic isn't too bad and the directions are pretty easy.

The last choice I would do is to take a taxi from the airport to Mercer. This will cost at least $70 or more. If you hit bad traffic in Atlanta then a taxi would cost probably over $100.

The only other option would be to get one of delivery taxi (luxary taxis) from the airport. They will sometime charge just a flat fee (can vary from $50-100).

Those would probably be the best options to consider. It just depends on what you are comfortable with and how much time that you have. If you are anywhere near the rush hour then consider MARTA.

Anyone can PM me for more information

i think my interview went pretty well. i'm happy about it.

the admissions committee said they were going to be meeting this upcoming monday, so those who got interviews in january, expect to hear something next week.

good luck all!

I got a call from Mercer today....i got in!!!:hardy: