MEPS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ERDRFL

Reaction score
I have been in contact with my Navy recruiter for AD direct accession since December 2022. Sent in MEPS paperwork in January 2023 and submitted credentialing in May 2023. Still have heard nothing from MEPS or credentialing. My recruiter said that they’re “working on it” but only have one MEPS doctor to review applicants. It is now 7-8 months in and I have heard nothing. Is this typical military performance or is it my recruiter? For a group that is SO desperate to meet recruitment goals, they really don’t seem to be putting much time and attention to recruitment.

Members don't see this ad.

So not sure if this will be of any help as I am seeking an Air Force Reserve direct accession ... so not AD and not Navy ... short answer is: be prepared that it is a very lengthy process (my theory is that the reason for this is that we are just very 'rare' cases (in contrast e.g. to HPSP) and therefore the 'system' is not familiar with the processes and it does not 'know' what to do with us....). For my timelines ... contact with recruiter at the end of April 2022 and still not 'in'. However the recruiter got me into MEPS relatively quickly - i.e. 3 month (this is in the North East). I do not know how much he pushed things with MEPS ... but basically the 12 month since MEPS have been very slow (the scroll and security clearance process) - and while I initially tried to 'understand' the process I honestly have given up now and I am just waiting ... and providing the documents the recruiter asks for as quickly as possible when he asks for them ... - again - not sure if this helps at all -- also feel free to contact me via DM if you have any additional questions....

Typical military performance. Take it as a last warning not to join. Just wait until you want to get out…

Reactions: 1 users
For a group that is SO desperate to meet recruitment goals, they really don’t seem to be putting much time and attention to recruitment.

The military isn't worried about recruiting doctors; they are desperate to recruit the 18 yo HS graduate they need to load trucks, set up artillery pieces or drive tanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user