Memory tricks for the MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kisabella99

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm wondering how everyone is memorizing all of the info needed for the MCAT. I'm reading through the Kaplan books and taking light notes, but I'm struggling with memorizing everything. I'm looking through the quick sheet and I recognize/ understand the info, but it's not memorized. (I know there are some pneumonics but not all of is). I've never taken a psych class, so that's all new, and some of the bio topics got cut from my classes due to COVID, so some of this is all new to me. I've started using Anki (Milesdown), but it will only let you review 20 cards a day. I'm taking the MCAT in mid-August and am feeling discouraged, any help or tricks are appreciated!

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad.

Continue creating and reviewing your Anki deck! It's letting you review 20 cards a day so that you get to memorize concepts over time rather than all in one sitting. Also, I would suggest start doing practice problems so that you can recognize concepts that are high yield.

Reactions: 1 user
What would you recommend for practice problems? I have Uworld and the AAMC packs, but I don't want to use them and 'waste' them until I have my content completely down.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

you’re right that you don’t want to start using practice problems until after you’re done reviewing contents. In my case, I used Altius to practice problems and FL’s, and then AAMC. I think Uworld will suffice, but what matters more is that you do third party first and then AAMC.

Reactions: 1 user