Memorization of Chem. Formulas?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tennismn

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm studying for the October PCAT, and I was wondering if anyone who'd taken the previous PCAT could answer a question for me.

I've been studying with the Kaplan and Barron's books, and I was wondering how detailed I need to be for the inorganic chemistry section. I majored in chemistry for undergrad, and it's 4 years out right now. Luckily, I still use a lot of it for work.

However, do I need to memorize the constants in most of the equations? I'm thinking of gases, thermochemistry, electrochemistry, etc. I can remember the equations, but I'm hard pressed to memorize R for the ideal gases (PV=nRT).

Any suggestions from those who've already taken the PCAT? Is this something I shouldn't fret about?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't remember there being any constants you had to know.
Remember you don't have a calculater, so the Gen Chem questions they ask have to be pretty simple.

But will we have to know equations like PV=nRT? That one is simple, but others like it as well?

starsweet said:
But will we have to know equations like PV=nRT? That one is simple, but others like it as well?
yes, seems like they asked something like what does "n" stand for