Melatonin and ferrets

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NMH2001

Ferret Momma
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a 3 y/o male ferret who is starting to show some of the early signs of adrenal ds. (urine dribbles, aggression). Due to cost, I opted for the melatonin implants vs the monthly Lupron shots.

Just wondering if anyone has opinions on the melatonin, namely if they are just as good as Lupron? Also, does anyone know if there is another company besides Melatek that sells these things?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

NMH2001 said:
I have a 3 y/o male ferret who is starting to show some of the early signs of adrenal ds. (urine dribbles, aggression). Due to cost, I opted for the melatonin implants vs the monthly Lupron shots.

Just wondering if anyone has opinions on the melatonin, namely if they are just as good as Lupron? Also, does anyone know if there is another company besides Melatek that sells these things?

Thanks!

A good resource to check for your answers is VIN (exotic mammal board). http://www.vin.com - free membership for vet students, thanks to Royal Canin.