Medscape 2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

klumpke

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I don’t know if you all have seen or if it even has any validity but per the 2023 Medscape report, PM&R is amongst the specialties with greatest decline in 2023 with a 5% drop since last year.

Any thoughts on why this might be the case and what concerns we should have?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
IMG_1530.jpeg

Members don't see this ad :)
But what is it a drop in? Salary, turnover, satisfaction?

I don’t believe most polls because the sample size is usually really small for PM&R, and biased.

I never got an invite from Medscape to do a survey…

Reactions: 1 user
i know one of the things that upset me about the big corporation i quit a few months ago was the pay. With the new medicare rules the RVU for inpatient changed. For my billing the distribution of level 1, 2, and 3 changed to overall less complexity, but because the RVU were worth more I actually would have had about 10% if they used the new amounts. However this corporation refused to changed their RVU amounts they gave so still credited with less RVUs so overall I ended up going down. When I tried to fight it they pointed to their policies that allowed them to use old system to pay us and only recourse we had was if we wanted to leave.

Reactions: 1 user