Meds/Peds oklahoma?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

annebelle

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know much about the meds-peds in Oklahoma?
Good programme?
Also What is it like living there?
weather?
I will be applying as an IMG.
any opinions?
a

Members don't see this ad.

I don't have any first hand knowledge of the programs though I applied to both OKC and Tulsa. I was scheduled to attend the OKC one but in the end decided that I had seen enough places. One of the people I interviewed with on the trail was from OKC and he had nothing but great things to say about the program. He'll be there for residency.

The Tulsa program actually contacted me not too long after applying and let me know that due to changes in their program they are only interviewing local candidates. I believe they ended up being one of the ones that had to scramble.

I don't have any first hand knowledge of the programs though I applied to both OKC and Tulsa. I was scheduled to attend the OKC one but in the end decided that I had seen enough places. One of the people I interviewed with on the trail was from OKC and he had nothing but great things to say about the program. He'll be there for residency.

The Tulsa program actually contacted me not too long after applying and let me know that due to changes in their program they are only interviewing local candidates. I believe they ended up being one of the ones that had to scramble.

Yes, they scrambled this year and last as well, I believe.

Members don't see this ad :)
i don't believe that is true. 3 spots available in the country, 2 at one program. Neither program was in Oklahoma

Yeah Tulsa had one open spot and Marshall had two. That sux about Tulsa only interviewing locals. I wanted to do a SubI there in September, but do u think it's a waste of time if they only take locals?

^^ I'm pretty sure it was Tulsa

^From what I understand it was only for this year.