Medicine is for losers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chemstud

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was seriously considering medicine, and then I was like dugh. How stupid could I be to enter the field of medicine? Sure, everyone likes doctors and they make good money and I am great at science. But I am also great at many other things. Medicine is for losers that have nothing else in life. Medicine is for people who would rather sit at home and study than do something more fun (something social even). Would I really like to give up most of my twenties to go to school all day and study all night and not even be able to have a life of my own? Or perhaps I would like to deal with the whole matching process and then get in to a ****ty residency where I can work 24 hour or more shifts along with 80 hour work weeks. That sounds like fun. Forget anything else in life that is cool, like having a family, sports, vacations, small trips, or whatever else gets you off. Sacrificing all that so I can be sleep deprived and not make good money until I am in my thirties, and then have to worry about malpractice, medicare and medicaid, insurance companies cutting medical costs, and any new government legislation. There are a few people out there cut out for medicine, they are complete dorks with nothing better to do with their lives, and for that I am thankful, we need people like them. For all you other people entering medicine so blindly, take a reality check before you dive into a field where work is your life, and all also takes a seat on the back burner. If you have any interests at all besides medicine, dont be a fool, pursue them. Someday you will be happy you did. Sure you may not have the respect and prestige of a doctor, but happiness in life is the only things that matters, quit kidding yourself.

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.