• Forums Updates - Tuesday at 1:00 AM Eastern
    We will be performing some system maintenance on Tuesday, June 11 starting around 1:00 AM Eastern. The forums will be unavailable for approximately one hour.

Medicare CPT code per provider

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DoubleBogey

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know there is a way to lookup Physicians/PA/NPs in your state and how many opioids they have prescribed to Medicare patients. Does anyone know how to lookup certain CPT codes billed per provider within a certain state for Medicare patients?
I know it exists, just not sure we have access to it - audits/reviews on certain procedures/codes are conducted using this information (ie the provider billing the most per certain CPT code gets reviewed).

Members don't see this ad.

I know there is a way to lookup Physicians/PA/NPs in your state and how many opioids they have prescribed to Medicare patients. Does anyone know how to lookup certain CPT codes billed per provider within a certain state for Medicare patients?
I know it exists, just not sure we have access to it - audits/reviews on certain procedures/codes are conducted using this information (ie the provider billing the most per certain CPT code gets reviewed).
The Medicare data is public at Medicare Provider Utilization and Payment Data: Physician and Other Supplier - Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services though there it is really hard to search. If you go into the database visualizer, you can set a filter by NPI in the upper left, then scrolling right will show you which code was billing how many times.

Looking up a random doctor I know in town, you can see they billed a 99204 47 times that year, a 99214 597 times, a 99213 N times, etc.

Reactions: 1 user