General Admissions & OTCAS Medical Terminology/Prerequisites

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NoRainNoFlowers

Reaction score
Hey guys! I'm planning on applying in the 2020-2021 cycle and i'm trying to figure out my prerequisites. Where/what course did you guys take for the medical terminology prereq and which ones do you recommend? I'm looking for something affordable and online. I've a lot of people go with BYU Independent Study, does anyone have experience with that one?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi!

I am from New York so I took an online Medical Terminology class thru SUNY Westchester Community College. It was AMAZING. The class felt like playing games on the computer and I learned more than I thought I would. It was not too work heavy and you can go at your own pace. I would definitely look into it! Was honestly fun.

Hi there - I also am in NY and also took an online course at CUNY School for Professional Studies (course code I believe is HIM 200 and it was a 3 credit class). I suggest checking it out!

You could consider taking a job as a scribe, not only would it not cost you anything, but it's a paid position and you'd be working alongside doctors one-on-one. I worked for 2 years as an ER scribe in undergrad and learned far more than I ever could have imagined.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user