Medical Scribe (Gaining Clinical Experience) in Rochester, NY

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

calidermatologist2023

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

How does one go about finding medical scribe opportunities around the New York (especially Rochester) area or just looking for medical scribe positions in general? I looked up positions on ScribeAmerica as well as MedScribe.com but have not heard back from those places yet. I also tried calling the hospitals nearby the area but most reply that they haven't heard of a medical scribe program and aren't able to help?

Any tips and advice-THANKS!

Members don't see this ad.

Use job websites like Indeed and enter "medical scribe" as the query. A lot of them get posted there

Members don't see this ad :)
Just be patient. It is a very seasonal job.

I wouldn't say its seasonal..
Honestly the best place is like mentioned above on places like Indeed. That's how I got into it in the ED. Sounds like you're doing the right things to get started, sometimes you just have to be patient though.

Well as I am a scribe in Rochester like OP wants to be I may know a little more. Just saying.

Patience is a virtue my friend.

Scribe hiring is definitely seasonal. Where I work we hire a lot of people a month into the summer because a lot of our scribes head off to med school. There is also generally an increase in hiring a little after school starts because some people will realize they don't want to take classes and scribe.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

When they hire they train you right? You dont need prior experience? How is Scribeforamerica? I might sign up for one in la

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Yeah you get hired then attend classes with other trainees. I like it. Pay is mehh but great experience. I highly recommend.