Medical school prereqs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Perhaps-an-artist

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So here is the dilemma, I took biology but I withdrew out of it. So I took it again last semester but I took it online and I realized that all the medical schools that I am interested in getting accepted to do not accept online prerequisites. I did not check the requirements before taking the biology online because I was originally working towards a different major. How bad will it look for me to have a W on my transcript for biology and retaking it again for the third time during the summer??? For the university I'm planning to go to it also states that they will not accept substitutions for required prereqs regardless of educational level, what does this mean? Is that referring to AP courses or grades? I'm just scared of not getting accepted due to the countless times of taking biology and basically doing hard work for no reason.

Members don't see this ad.

So here is the dilemma, I took biology but I withdrew out of it. So I took it again last semester but I took it online and I realized that all the medical schools that I am interested in getting accepted to do not accept online prerequisites. I did not check the requirements before taking the biology online because I was originally working towards a different major. How bad will it look for me to have a W on my transcript for biology and retaking it again for the third time during the summer??? For the university I'm planning to go to it also states that they will not accept substitutions for required prereqs regardless of educational level, what does this mean? Is that referring to AP courses or grades? I'm just scared of not getting accepted due to the countless times of taking biology and basically doing hard work for no reason.

You've got to do what you've got to do. Obviously retaking a class for the third time is not good, but you need intro bio, so you'll just have to retake and hope for the best.
It seems that whatever school you're referring to requires that you take exactly the pre-reqs and do not replace them with any AP credit OR upper level courses.
Also, do not "plan" on going to a specific medical school. That will almost certainly result in heartbreak.

You've got to do what you've got to do. Obviously retaking a class for the third time is not good, but you need intro bio, so you'll just have to retake and hope for the best.
It seems that whatever school you're referring to requires that you take exactly the pre-reqs and do not replace them with any AP credit OR upper level courses.
Also, do not "plan" on going to a specific medical school. That will almost certainly result in heartbreak.
Yes I know, I meant to say it was one of my options. And you are right it does not look good, but I guess I'll just have to do it and see what happens. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't withdrawal... finish with an A and retake and get an A again.
WHen they ask... just say "it was online and would not satisify the pre-reqs" and that's all there needs to be said.