Medical School in Ireland?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dukboki

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Folks,

Can you all help me make a decision on the Atlantic Bridge program? I found information on this and I noticed that Trinity would give me an option to try and get to it faster than the others since it doesn't require an MCAT and teaches the basic sciences on year one.

Instead of doing two years of post-bacc to catch up, would this be worth it? Is it a relatively easy program to get into? Can anyone give some advice on this? Thanks!

Oh - if you need stats:

B.S. Sociology 1999 - 2.5 (BCPM 2.1)
M.S. Acquisition and Contracts 2003 - 3.6 (no science)
M.S. Logistics Management 2006 - 3.8 (no science)
Doing post-bacc now through NC State
Been in the military since 1999
Shadowing an orthopedic surgeon and assisting in OR on Afghan patients

Thanks again!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not sure how "relatively easy" it will be because their acceptances are subjective. While your experiences look pretty cool, it's hard to say because every year they accept people who look good and reject people who look just the same. It's hard to say. But I will say that I think you should apply, because apart from the low GPA in your BS which was awhile ago anyway, the others are good and you've had an interesting "life experience." If you're doing some post-bacc classes now, it would help too.

Before this new 5 year curriculum, it used to be that you HAD to have a science degree before applying for direct entry into Trinity. Now, this is the first of the curriculum change that has condensed the previous 6 yr. course into 5 years, so I don't know how that would change the north american acceptances and requirements. I think you should try anyway, there's no harm in it.