Technology Medical Scheduling Software

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ophtho24

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi I was wondering if any of you guys know of any software that can be used in an office for scheduling that will allow two computers to access the same scudule file simultaneously. I have tried this with Outlook and it can't be done without using exchange server, otherwise Microsoft Outlook actually works quite well just for scheduling appointments. If anybody knows of an affordable scheduling software say less than 300-400 dollars that allows two computers to both schedule simultaneously I would be very interested. Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Ophtho24 said:
Hi I was wondering if any of you guys know of any software that can be used in an office for scheduling that will allow two computers to access the same scudule file simultaneously. I have tried this with Outlook and it can't be done without using exchange server, otherwise Microsoft Outlook actually works quite well just for scheduling appointments. If anybody knows of an affordable scheduling software say less than 300-400 dollars that allows two computers to both schedule simultaneously I would be very interested. Thanks in advance.

One can be built for very cheap or if you know any OO prog. then you could do it. The best thing is to maybe look for a local consultant to do it for you. Might be a bit over 400 but it will be done right. I tend to stay clear of M$, so outlook is not my style. If you use a palm, I believe the Palm desktop is great and can be shared, and you can have it on you at all times, with reminders. So when your just about to take out your driver on the 18th hole and head too the 19th, you are reminded you are on-call and cannot drink; silly.

Hi guys, what I find useful is using google calendar! I can synchronize my calendar with my iPhone or Android Tablet especially if you are trying to cross platform with devices. The google calendar is helpful because if you want to make 1 account for two users to use and share the same password you can edit and append your schedule. I do this with my boyfriend when we are trying to organize our schedules for clerkship. I hope this helps! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi there,
BookMyCity would work well for this. It's cloud-based so multiple users can access and modify the schedule from any device, anywhere.
If you're interested in learning more, feel free to get in touch. And here's the link to BookMyCity: https://www.bookmycity.com/

Optho24, there is a free medical scheduling for free available online called www.RxVantage.com. It is a website you go on and anyone who is inside the office can log into it. It is used to schedule appointments with educational presenters (pharm/bio industry.) There is nothing to download (everything is on the website) and a feature called the "Sunshine Act Tracker" comes in pretty handy as well. Hope this helps. :)