medical bookstores in philadelphia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nagar

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi
Does anyone knows good medical bookstores in Philadelphia?
What r the recommended ortho books for interns ?
Does Miller's worth something ?

thanx

Members don't see this ad.

Nagar said:
Hi
Does anyone knows good medical bookstores in Philadelphia?
What r the recommended ortho books for interns ?
Does Miller's worth something ?

thanx

Jefferson Medical School has a very decent bookstore. They offer 10% discount on books in stock. Jefferson bookstore is located in center city (10th and Chestnut Sts).

Of course, Temple, Univ of Penn, Drexel and PCOM also have bookstores as well. Temple Medical Bookstore is located in the student center (FSU Building at Broad and Ontario Sts) on the Health Science Campus. Univ of Penn Medical has been relocated and incorporated into the Main Penn Bookstore in West Philly (36th and Walnut Sts). There is a smaller independent medical bookstore (Dolbey's Health Science Bookstore) located on the Penn Campus (on Spruce and 37th Sts). Drexel Medical Bookstore has two branches. One is located next to Hahnemann University Hospital on (15th and Race Sts). The other one is located on the Queen Lane Campus in the East Falls section of Philadelphia. PCOM medical bookstore is located in Rowland Hall on City Line Avenue. I am not sure if PCOM, Drexel Queen Lane Campus, and Temple Medical Bookstores are open to the general public because they are located inside school buildings.

PCOMs book store is open to the general public. I can't comment on selection as I buy most of my books online, but the times I have bought things there the bookstore staff has been incredibly helpful.

JPHazelton said:
PCOMs book store is open to the general public. I can't comment on selection as I buy most of my books online, but the times I have bought things there the bookstore staff has been incredibly helpful.

Thanks for the info.