Medical bookshops in Mumbai

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sjkpark

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anybody have contact details (email, preferably) for some medical bookshops in Mumbai? I'm going there in December and planning to buy lots of books there.

I emailed a bookshop in Hong Kong (where I'll be stopping over) but they are more expensive than I expected!

Cheers

Serena

Members don't see this ad.

sjkpark said:
Does anybody have contact details (email, preferably) for some medical bookshops in Mumbai? I'm going there in December and planning to buy lots of books there.

I emailed a bookshop in Hong Kong (where I'll be stopping over) but they are more expensive than I expected!

Cheers

Serena

I'd suggest, not to purchase the books as yet, in mumbai university, different professors use different books by a variety of authors. You are told on the first day which books you need and if you need any books at all for that particular subject or that the lecture notes would be suffice. SO I'd say don't buy anything as yet, wait for the first day- unless you know someone from the same college. Good luck, dont forget to shop and eat some good food down there. ask me abt the shoppping malls if you want (oh i talked abt shopping coz i assumed ur a girl)
neways gluck!

priyanka said:
I'd suggest, not to purchase the books as yet, in mumbai university, different professors use different books by a variety of authors. You are told on the first day which books you need and if you need any books at all for that particular subject or that the lecture notes would be suffice. SO I'd say don't buy anything as yet, wait for the first day- unless you know someone from the same college. Good luck, dont forget to shop and eat some good food down there. ask me abt the shoppping malls if you want (oh i talked abt shopping coz i assumed ur a girl)
neways gluck!

actually I forgot to add that,
every college has a bookstore attached to it... and they do not have a website/email..the colleges themselves don have their own websites or email contact infos most of the times and if they do, its pretty crappy and not updated..so you cant expect the bookstore to have a website../email
by the way which med school are you going to? KEM, SOMAYA, SION or TATA? lilavati? actually there are many more...

Members don't see this ad :)
priyanka said:
actually I forgot to add that,
every college has a bookstore attached to it... and they do not have a website/email..the colleges themselves don have their own websites or email contact infos most of the times and if they do, its pretty crappy and not updated..so you cant expect the bookstore to have a website../email
by the way which med school are you going to? KEM, SOMAYA, SION or TATA? lilavati? actually there are many more...

Thanks for your reply,

Sorry for confusing you - I'm from New Zealand and going to India for holiday and I heard that books were really cheap there! I was going to email them to get some quotes since I know what I want! McBarrons in Hong Kong more expensive than I thought with some books costing as much as they would in New Zealand.

Should I email the colleges for information? Worthwhile?

And would the bookshops open on Christmas?

sjkpark said:
Thanks for your reply,

Sorry for confusing you - I'm from New Zealand and going to India for holiday and I heard that books were really cheap there! I was going to email them to get some quotes since I know what I want! McBarrons in Hong Kong more expensive than I thought with some books costing as much as they would in New Zealand.

Should I email the colleges for information? Worthwhile?

And would the bookshops open on Christmas?

they mite be closed, depends on if the bookstore owner is a catholic or not..can't give you a word..