Medical apps

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Christoff

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

What medical apps do You use while learning? I usually use UpToDate, Figure 1, MEDizzy and Essential Anatomy. Can you recommend other interesting apps??

Members don't see this ad.

DynaMed Plus
UpToDate
DSM-5
WikiEM
I’ve used BMJ Best Practices a few times but prefer DynaMed and UpToDate.
Amion so I can easily check my call schedule
Medscape - quicker and more readable for checking pharm dosing, MOA, contraindications, AEs, etc. than UpToDate if I don’t need more detailed info.

In med school I used the above apps and the following:
Murmur Pro to periodically review heart murmurs
American College of Cardiology Guidelines
NCCN Guidelines
I used VisuaDx a few times
Epoccrates - paid for a full subscription but honestly didn’t end up using it that much. I was able to get the exact same info from UpToDate, DynaMed Plus, and Medscape all of which were free.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I consulted with JoMI, which is an interesting website (will be an app soon) - and you can make a free account as a student. They have detailed videos of surgeries with explanations.
Journal of Medical Insight

I don’t mean to hijack this thread, but would you guys recommend buying the mobile app version of Anki (iPad, iPhone)? 25 bucks seems like a lot to stomach for the app, but it seems really useful.

I don’t mean to hijack this thread, but would you guys recommend buying the mobile app version of Anki (iPad, iPhone)? 25 bucks seems like a lot to stomach for the app, but it seems really useful.
I bought it when I was in med school, definitely got my money's worth out of it.

Reactions: 1 user