This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Which should I take, dental school or med school?

• Med school

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Dental school

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LePeiter

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey!

I have applied to both dental school and med school. I got in to both!
The problem: I thought that my gut feeling would help me out on this one but it didn't do its part, me very disappointing :p.

My question to you guys is what is the pros and cons for both fields? and could you guys pls help me out to choose one

Members don't see this ad.

an acceptance in July...:troll:

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
You have gone through the draining process of applying to BOTH professional schools and you still don't know the pros and cons of each?
I don't know how European dental/med school apps process works but, you've done shadowing/ volunteered at clinics/ researched/ interviewed at schools, and done them well enough to get in, and you still don't know where you are?

You have gone through the draining process of applying to BOTH professional schools and you still don't know the pros and cons of each?
I don't know how European dental/med school apps process works but, you've done shadowing/ volunteered at clinics/ researched/ interviewed at schools, and done them well enough to get in, and you still don't know where you are?

I have come to a point were both pros and cons weigh equally for med and dental. I just have trouble deciding which one to take.
The problem with application process in Europe and their higher education system, is that you don't really have to do the things you mentioned. You only have to have good grades and good marks in bio, chem and physic. On top of that you can attend university (med/dental) straight out of high school, which I haven't.

You are in a very interesting position. If you aren't trolling...I feel like medicine will give you the most choices as far as your future goes. You aren't sure what you want to do yet clearly. Medicine has a huge variety of paths you can choose to follow compared to dentistry. So just for that reason alone, in your case, I would choose med school. You'll have a few years to see what really draws your interest while you're in school. Take advantage of that. Just my opinion though obviously.

Status
Not open for further replies.