med school finder

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

venus0206

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys,
have any of you gone to medschoolfinder? If so, would you trust it in deciding what schools to apply to considering extracurriculars and everything are all there? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

nope. i think the site is kinda lame to tell you the truth....

the application process is random and it said the only schools i would be very competitive for is just carribean schools. i didnt even apply to those.

the rest of my application is what made me a competitive applicant.
they dont even have all the med schools in there either.

i dunno. i just tried it out and was unimpressed. thats all and just giving you my thoughts.

Originally posted by venus0206
hey guys,
have any of you gone to medschoolfinder? If so, would you trust it in deciding what schools to apply to considering extracurriculars and everything are all there? Thanks!

If I were paying attention to that site, I would be applying to at least 3 schools that don't take out-of-staters.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hell, I'd be going to school in North Dakota (huh? I'm a NY resident) or Puerto Rico, which doesn't accept American students any longer (from a friend's personal experience). :rolleyes:

Med school finder is crap. It told me I was competitive at Chicago, Cornell, and Duke. Yet I have received rejections from all of the above.:(