med school fair

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

whattodowithmys

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi everybody!

my school is having a professional school fair (where reps from different grad schools and med schools come and set up booths and talk informally to students). i saw the list of schools coming, and i saw that my top choice for med school (uva mstp) is sending a rep (i guess its worth noting that im a junior). i was wondering what types of things i should say or ask to make an impression, or if this informal session really doesnt matter. should i tell them that they are my top choice or does that just sound like bs? (they really are!) thanks!!!

Members don't see this ad.

definitely talk to them one-on-one . . . you dont have to say that they are your #1 choice, but they will appreciate your enthusiasm. similar situation at my school and the officer gave me a personal business card and told me to call back in a year. now that im applying, i actually dont want to go there anymore, but if i did, i could call that person, relate our story, and i think it would be really helpful. so go for it, and if they offer their card, make copies of it and put it in a special safe to be preserved for the next yr. nah, just kidding, but do gladly accept any brochures/cards/etc that might come your way, best wishes

it probably doesn't matter at all what sort of impression you make on them barring something heinous. if you have legitimate questions, ask, but avoid gratuitous ones.