Med school application numbers rising again?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Good thing we got in when we did. :)

Try getting into law school now...that's a ball breaker.

I had a funny feeling that this would happen this year. It is one reason I chose to apply this year (and early) instead of waiting until next year. I am wondering if anyone has the stats for the DO applicant pool that are for the current cycle?? I know that AAMC sends out an email to their advisor's list serve giving them the number of applicants that were initiated, completed, verified, withdrawn, etc. Does anyone know if AACOMAS does the same thing?

I have had the suspicion that the DO applicant pool is getting even more competitive but I haven't seen any real concrete numbers yet to affirm my suspicions.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by JPHazelton
Good thing we got in when we did. :)

Try getting into law school now...that's a ball breaker.

I keep warning all of my classmates that if I don't make it through med school, I'm going to go to law school and make a fortune suing the crap outta OSU doctors. :D

It's never a ball breaker to get into law school, don't say such things, you cheapen our noble profession by even the slight insinuation that law is comparable to medicine.... sure, the top tier law schools are difficult, but let's be honest, anyone can get a law degree. I am very anti- lawyer, and even though medicine is my calling, I was serioiusly considering at one point becoming a law-malpractice attourney that makes a living off of suing other lawyers--giving them a taste of their own medicine --pun intended.

Originally posted by RockandRolldoc
It's never a ball breaker to get into law school, don't say such things, you cheapen our noble profession by even the slight insinuation that law is comparable to medicine.... sure, the top tier law schools are difficult, but let's be honest, anyone can get a law degree. I am very anti- lawyer, and even though medicine is my calling, I was serioiusly considering at one point becoming a law-malpractice attourney that makes a living off of suing other lawyers--giving them a taste of their own medicine --pun intended.

Your statement is broad and ignorant!! So, anyone can get a law degree---------- First hand experience here, my brother is in law school at TU and he has to study almost as much as I do. He ranks in the top 10% and spends many hours reading cases and preparing for the barr exam. If it is so easy, why did JFK JR have to take it three times to pass?

Anyway, Fenrezz, I thougt your statement was funny and I just hope you don't try to sue ME!:mad:

Even though in the past years, there was a decrease in the number of applicants, the status ( MCAT, GPA, etc) for the accepted students never went down, and I wouldnt expect it to be otherwise this year or next.

Originally posted by too-sweet-phat-cool 4-life
Your statement is broad and ignorant!! So, anyone can get a law degree---------- First hand experience here, my brother is in law school at TU and he has to study almost as much as I do. He ranks in the top 10% and spends many hours reading cases and preparing for the barr exam. If it is so easy, why did JFK JR have to take it three times to pass?

Broad and ignorant, but based somewhat in truth. I have a family member who is an attorney. He went to a well respected law school, and never went to class. Just did the required reading s and showed up for exams. But, when the bar rolled around, he did study his tail off.

In any case, much like medicine, doing well in law school doesn't translate into being a good lawyer. I love the idea of suing other attorneys for malpractice. that is hilarious!

Oh, no! I was afraid of this. I hope we can get our technoboom back! I live in Silicon Valley, and the only good thing out of the downfall has been better traffic. :p Aargh!

If you look at the national statistics, it is more difficult number by number to get into law school than medical school (number of applicants per 1st year spots).

Secondly, law school is probbaly just as difficult as medical school...just a different kind of difficult.

Also, with law school, your first year is really your measuring stick. This is where you get recruited for internships and such.

Imagine if your career as a doctor depended on your first year of medical school.

It's people like you that make lawyers so happy about suing doctors.

Let me know when you start practicing and make your first mistake...I know a few lawyers...I wouldn't mind giving a deposition. :D

Originally posted by San_Juan_Sun
never went to class. Just did the required reading s and showed up for exams.

Actually I pretty much do the same thing. In fact, I'm supposed to be in Biochem right now. :cool:

Originally posted by Fenrezz
Actually I pretty much do the same thing. In fact, I'm supposed to be in Biochem right now. :cool:

You should be cool like me...I'm in biochem and on SDN at the same time. :D Keeps both the professor and me content. ;)