MD waitlists, DO Acceptance. What do I do?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kjwwkk

Reaction score
This is my first SDN post, so I apologize if this is the wrong place to post this question.

I have been fortunate enough to receive an acceptance at a DO school for this upcoming year. However, I have been waitlisted at two MD schools that I prefer to enroll in.

My understanding is that the DO offer becomes binding on May 1st; I believe that waitlist movement for MD schools also starts on May 1st.

Like I said, I do prefer to enroll in one of the two MD schools for various reasons, and as such I would like to wait for the waitlist movement in hopes of getting an acceptance to one of those two schools. However, I do want to accept the DO offer since it is my only actual acceptance so far.

Even if I were to lose a big deposit, would I still be able to back out of the DO offer after May 1st, if I do end up getting off the waitlist? I would appreciate any advice and/or help with this this.

Members don't see this ad.

Even if I were to lose a big deposit, would I still be able to back out of the DO offer after May 1st, if I do end up getting off the waitlist? I would appreciate any advice and/or help with this this.
All you lose is your deposit. They can't force you to attend.

Reactions: 3 users

I don't know where it says your offer becomes binding. You should only hold one DO offer after May 15. Yes you can back out and lose your deposit.

AMCAS CYMS starts up around April 1, and one should Commit to Enroll by 3 weeks before an MD school's orientation.

Reactions: 3 users
Even if I were to lose a big deposit, would I still be able to back out of the DO offer after May 1st, if I do end up getting off the waitlist?
Backing out after May 1 will activate the Osteopathic Matriculation Police, who will execute a no-knock warrant and take you into custody. They will place you in a windowless white van and transport you to a pre-education camp in an undisclosed location. Once there you will undertake a special program designed to make you completely satisfied with your new school. So be happy, everything is going to work out just fine.

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Yes. Consider the deposit insurance. You'll make it back when you're a doctor.

Reactions: 4 users