MD/PhDs applying to oto

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Universe_Explorer

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know how many MD/PhD's apply for oto residencies? I finished a PhD in Neurosci prior to coming to med school, and initially was interested in neurosurg, but have recently become very intrigued by head and neck surgery - anyone have similar experience that can give me some insight? Are oto residency programs mostly looking for oto-research? Sorry for all the questions, but I haven't ben able to find much about this in other places...

Members don't see this ad.

Hunter77 said:
Anyone know how many MD/PhD's apply for oto residencies? I finished a PhD in Neurosci prior to coming to med school, and initially was interested in neurosurg, but have recently become very intrigued by head and neck surgery - anyone have similar experience that can give me some insight? Are oto residency programs mostly looking for oto-research? Sorry for all the questions, but I haven't ben able to find much about this in other places...

You should be well-prepared for many oto programs. Don't worry about whether your research is in oto or not.