MCW Pharmacy School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SevenPharmacyCalls

Reaction score
MCW is a garbage pharmacy school. We need to stand up and shut down these schools. Please do not apply here students.

Members don't see this ad.

Is it because they have eight pharmacy calls waiting?

But really, why?

Members don't see this ad :)
MCW is my top choice. Can you tell me why MCW is bad?
I was at MCW Pharmacy School but ended up transferring out. Professor did not show up to class to teach and none of the staff was able to get in touch with him so they ended up posting a recorded lecture from the previous year for them to watch. Since the school is new, all they care about is building their reputation on social media. The first year when they first opened, there were 6 or 7 students either dropped out or transferred. Then the second year, a student either dropped out or transferred. And now, I am at a new school but my advisor told me there is another student from this year who wants to transfer as well and he/she already contacted my school.

The curriculum is horrible. I was depressed and stressed out during my time there. Everyone is too competitive to even befriend. After every exam, they would literally post the bell curve stat so you know exactly how many people (no name) are in the range of 60-65 or 70-75 but since the class is small (40-50 people), it is not that hard to figure who passes and who fails. Their reputation is so bad to the point most of the preceptors I have been with on rotation have complained about their students and their ego "I know it all". Most of the students there hate it but they did not want to do anything about it. It's sad.

I was at MCW Pharmacy School but ended up transferring out. Professor did not show up to class to teach and none of the staff was able to get in touch with him so they ended up posting a recorded lecture from the previous year for them to watch. Since the school is new, all they care about is building their reputation on social media. The first year when they first opened, there were 6 or 7 students either dropped out or transferred. Then the second year, a student either dropped out or transferred. And now, I am at a new school but my advisor told me there is another student from this year who wants to transfer as well and he/she already contacted my school.

The curriculum is horrible. I was depressed and stressed out during my time there. Everyone is too competitive to even befriend. After every exam, they would literally post the bell curve stat so you know exactly how many people (no name) are in the range of 60-65 or 70-75 but since the class is small (40-50 people), it is not that hard to figure who passes and who fails. Their reputation is so bad to the point most of the preceptors I have been with on rotation have complained about their students and their ego "I know it all". Most of the students there hate it but they did not want to do anything about it. It's sad.

I realized their curriculum is much harder than most pharm schools. Can you tell me more about what you disliked most about MCW and how is that different from ur new school?

I realized their curriculum is much harder than most pharm schools. Can you tell me more about what you disliked most about MCW and how is that different from ur new school?

So basically your have 8 didactic session before your APPE (clinical rotation of your last year). Each session is 11 weeks long. After every session, you will have 2 weeks off. I am sure the 2 weeks off probably sounds attractive but the 11 weeks you’re in school is seriously hell.

Obviously since it’s 3 years program, everything has to be condensed including teaching materials. I felt like I did not have enough time to practice and perfect my clinical skill. Comparing this to the new school, everything is at a much slower pace but I love it because all the professors actually spent time to help you and give you feedback after every patient care lab. I also feel like they know you personally and genuinely want to help you to become a better health care provider. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a graduate school, there will be stress but at least I feel like I’m learning something at the new school. We also have 3 months off during summer to relax and spend time with our families.

There are several students failed one or two courses; they had to stay a year behind and retake that specific course. However, during their time off, no one at school ever contacted or checked up on them to see if they needed help for 10 months straight. That is just unacceptable for me. Again, not every school is a good fit for everyone but I do expect them to care about their students and not treat them as a number. At the new school, many students I have spoken with told me about they have interviewed at MCW as well but decided to back out last minute even they already paid the seat deposit. They looks good on paper and during my interview, I fell for that as well but make sure to pick a school that fit you instead of wasting time like many of us that dropped out to start over.

Also, I should mention this. If you are not in a rush to graduate and make money, MCW costs as much as any 4 years program. So technically, you are not saving any money by going to a 3 years program instead of 4 years.

Since it’s a new school, there are no organizations or pharmaceutical fraternity for you to join. I believe extracurricular activities will help me have a higher chance to compete when applying for residency later. Grade is a factor but most of them are looking for a well-rounded candidate.

I honestly hope this helps you have a better perspective and choose the right program for you. Best of luck :)

Also, I should mention this. If you are not in a rush to graduate and make money, MCW costs as much as any 4 years program. So technically, you are not saving any money by going to a 3 years program instead of 4 years.

Since it’s a new school, there are no organizations or pharmaceutical fraternity for you to join. I believe extracurricular activities will help me have a higher chance to compete when applying for residency later. Grade is a factor but most of them are looking for a well-rounded candidate.

I honestly hope this helps you have a better perspective and choose the right program for you. Best of luck :)
Are you interning with a hospital? A internship like in John Hopkins or Mayo will trump getting involved in pharmacy organizations. And doing research with a clinical preceptor trumps getting involved in a frat

Are you interning with a hospital? A internship like in John Hopkins or Mayo will trump getting involved in pharmacy organizations. And doing research with a clinical preceptor trumps getting involved in a frat

Yes I am. I do agree with you that intership and clinical research definitely have a tremendous boost on your residency application. Again, we’re talking about Milwaukee, Wisconsin area, how are you able to land an internship or clinical research while being in school that takes 99% of your time?
Being in any pharmacy organization or fraternity can also help with connection and networking. I believe the pharmacy community, especially in Milwaukee, is all about connection and networking.

how are you able to land an internship or clinical research at John Hopkins or Mayo while being in school that takes 99% of your time?*

how are you able to land an internship or clinical research at John Hopkins or Mayo while being in school that takes 99% of your time?*
They offer those internships in the summer. I believe. Hope you guys get a summer break.

Reactions: 1 user
They offer those internships in the summer. I believe. Hope you guys get a summer break.

Since we are talking about MCW, we do not have summer sadly, except 2 weeks break after 11 weeks of hell. Trust me, I wouldn’t want to do anything during my break except destress and sleep.

As you said earlier, having those internships and clinical research will definitely help but at MCW, they don’t even have the opportunity to fulfill those extracurricular activities.

Since we are talking about MCW, we do not have summer sadly, except 2 weeks break after 11 weeks of hell. Trust me, I wouldn’t want to do anything during my break except destress and sleep.

As you said earlier, having those internships and clinical research will definitely help but at MCW, they don’t even have the opportunity to fulfill those extracurricular activities.
Dang, two weeks is not enough for a internship. Can you work during school? Is it possible? How are you going to network and make connections if this school wants you just focus on school? I would try to intern at a hospital locally. I would try to just every weekend per month or something to that extent. You need to get your foot in the door. As far as research is concerned, you should get opportunities in your third year so, I would wait until then.

Last edited by a moderator:
Members don't see this ad :)
Dang, two weeks is not enough for a internship. Can you work during school? Is it possible? How are you going to network and make connections if this school wants you just focus on school? I would try to intern at a hospital locally. I would try to just every weekend per month or something to that extent. You need to get your foot in the door. As far as research is concerned, you should get opportunities in your third year so, I would wait until then.
That’s why I decided to transfer out to a 4 years program. It’s ridiculous because the school advices you not to work but some of us have bills to pay and living expenses as well. So basically you go on 10 hours rotation every Friday for 10 weeks (11th week is final). There is not even time for you to rest because you still have to cram during the weekend :(

I’m not sure about other program but at the new school, they have an exam block on Friday (we don’t have class on Friday btw) which is designated just for exam taking only. Sometimes we took exam during lecture block as well but we do not have to make up for that lecture. At MCW, for an example, I remember having an pharmaceutic exam from 7am-9am then 9am-1150am is pharmaceutic lecture again. Then 1pm-3:50pm is another lecture. It’s just physically and mentally exhausting.

That’s why I decided to transfer out to a 4 years program. It’s ridiculous because the school advices you not to work but some of us have bills to pay and living expenses as well. So basically you go on 10 hours rotation every Friday for 10 weeks (11th week is final). There is not even time for you to rest because you still have to cram during the weekend :(

I’m not sure about other program but at the new school, they have an exam block on Friday (we don’t have class on Friday btw) which is designated just for exam taking only. Sometimes we took exam during lecture block as well but we do not have to make up for that lecture. At MCW, for an example, I remember having an pharmaceutic exam from 7am-9am then 9am-1150am is pharmaceutic lecture again. Then 1pm-3:50pm is another lecture. It’s just physically and mentally exhausting.
Good thing you transferred. Looks like they were trying to design the curriculum like medical school.

It’s a terrible idea to tell you guys not to work while in school. That’s going to make finding a job/residency even harder for the graduates of the program. And these students are already at a disadvantage because this is a pop up brand new pharmacy program and UW Madison is considered higher quality. And as silly as I think students orgs are, we give points to residency applicants for being involved in them.

Reactions: 1 users
@pharmdnerdieee "transferred" is a pretty bold word for someone who failed out of MCW in the first 2 sessions...
You can insult the school and blame the program as much as you'd like, but that doesn't change the past or your performance. Next time you decide to bash a program and speak poorly of a program try lasting past 2 quarters first. Maybe it was a bad fit for you and that's fine. But we started with a class of 51 and we've only lost 1... you.

Reactions: 2 users

So basically your have 8 didactic session before your APPE (clinical rotation of your last year). Each session is 11 weeks long. After every session, you will have 2 weeks off. I am sure the 2 weeks off probably sounds attractive but the 11 weeks you’re in school is seriously hell.

Obviously since it’s 3 years program, everything has to be condensed including teaching materials. I felt like I did not have enough time to practice and perfect my clinical skill. Comparing this to the new school, everything is at a much slower pace but I love it because all the professors actually spent time to help you and give you feedback after every patient care lab. I also feel like they know you personally and genuinely want to help you to become a better health care provider. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a graduate school, there will be stress but at least I feel like I’m learning something at the new school. We also have 3 months off during summer to relax and spend time with our families.

There are several students failed one or two courses; they had to stay a year behind and retake that specific course. However, during their time off, no one at school ever contacted or checked up on them to see if they needed help for 10 months straight. That is just unacceptable for me. Again, not every school is a good fit for everyone but I do expect them to care about their students and not treat them as a number. At the new school, many students I have spoken with told me about they have interviewed at MCW as well but decided to back out last minute even they already paid the seat deposit. They looks good on paper and during my interview, I fell for that as well but make sure to pick a school that fit you instead of wasting time like many of us that dropped out to start over.

Hello all,

I'm a current student in the MCW Pharmacy program, and I'll be graduating in 2021. I was actually in this same student's class and I just wanted to clear up some of this information due to the considerable hyperbole in these posts.

Starting with the first paragraph describing their experience:
Transferring out is not the same as failing two consecutive sessions. There are multiple systems in place to help students who struggle to adjust to the "fast paced" curriculum. Some would argue the safety nets are too generous, but this student obviously disagrees. There is no doubt that the program is challenging, but it's definitely manageable which is demonstrated by everyone in your class continuing forward. "There were 6 or 7 students either dropped out or transferred". This statement is partially true, there 6-7 students that either failed out, dropped out, or were held back due to falling below the pretty generous grade threshold.

The program is challenging, but also very doable. I am an intern, involved with the student government, and am doing well in classes and have never had to retake or correct anything academically. I am sorry that you found the introductory sessions so challenging as majority of that material was from undergrad and you didn't get to see the integrated sequences which would have provided a more accurate picture of what the program is like when it gets going. There are people with full families and kids that are able to manage the program so it really comes down to the individual to succeed. I suppose this should be the expectation, but these series of posts shifts the blame from the 1 person who couldn't adjust and points it at a system that about 100 have survived.

The curriculum is surprisingly well organized with a very nice overlap of concepts between classes that have relevant crossover, especially considering it has been open for less than 2 years. I'm always very impressed by their ability to tie in current, upcoming, and past material which has been invaluable for learning and retention.

"Competitive" is a curious choice of words considering the school's assessment system is designed around creating equal and well rounded pharmacists and not inciting aggressive competition. It's competency based grading, which is by definition not a competitive system. You'll probably find in your life time that no matter where you go you're going to find competitive people. Part of growing up is realizing there are different types of people in the world and you will not mesh with all of them. I've worked in pharmacy for sometime, I and many others will tell you that if you can't learn to work with different types of people your career is going to be hell. I remember trying to talk to you twice and being given one word answers followed by you walking off. Not the most enticing social activity. I also don't recall you ever trying to communicate to people beyond your clique. Meeting people is a two-way street, you cannot expect people to constantly go out of their way to sate your social needs.

"Their reputation is so bad to the point most of the preceptors I have been with on rotation have complained about their students and their ego 'I know it all'". This is another curious statement, you completed 1 IPPE rotation at MCW and at most 1 IPPE at Concordia. Again, these sweeping statements are backed by minimal data. Further, these students exist in every program, in every field, all over the world. Again, you need to realize there are different types of people in this world. I can say from personal experience, having actively reached out and talked to everyone in our class, that I haven't met anyone that has that gross delusion.

"It's sad." This find this final sentiment to be a beautiful summation of your insights into this program and your feedback on this board. Your posts read as someone who has had their ego hurt, which is further cemented by the gratuitous exaggerations you've used to slam the program.

On to the second paragraph:

"I am sure the 2 weeks off probably sounds attractive but the 11 weeks you’re in school is seriously hell." It's not, again, the program is manageable. It does require mild time management skills, but even then there are some students that manage with severe procrastination. I would not recommend procrastinating obviously, but it contradicts the extreme difficulty that is attempting to be conveyed here. If anything, I appreciate the "intensity" of the program as it has significantly improved my previously atrocious time management skills, which is a product of the fact that the program ramps up over time.

"Obviously since it’s 3 years program, everything has to be condensed including teaching materials." Yes, it's a 3 year program so it is condensed.

"I felt like I did not have enough time to practice and perfect my clinical skill. " You were here for 2 sessions, and just as we were transitioning into learning clinical skills. You were only on 1 IPPE rotation here, which was prior to any integrated courses so you had basically no background to be applying clinical skills.

"Comparing this to the new school, everything is at a much slower pace but I love it because all the professors actually spent time to help you and give you feedback after every patient care lab." Just as obvious as a 3 year program is condensed, a 4 year program is going to be slower paced. That's the point. Three year programs are better suited for those who can handle the "challenge" or those that have prior experience and are more interested in working through school in a time-efficient manner. I have worked in pharmacy for 6+ years, working over the summers offers me minimal benefit. That said, plenty of people without this background have managed very well and are even excelling. We also get tons of feedback, very specific feedback from our patient care lab. It's actually like one of the huge focuses for the class and program. We have smaller class sizes so you get tons of individualized attention, honestly more than I want since I'm used to large lecture halls. This also addresses your, "I also feel like they know you personally and genuinely want to help you to become a better health care provider."

"We also have 3 months off during summer to relax and spend time with our families. " Why would you sign up for a 3 year program if you want massive blocks of time off? "Obviously since it’s 3 years program, everything has to be condensed".

"There are several students failed one or two courses; they had to stay a year behind and retake that specific course. However, during their time off, no one at school ever contacted or checked up on them to see if they needed help for 10 months straight. That is just unacceptable for me. Again, not every school is a good fit for everyone but I do expect them to care about their students and not treat them as a number." From the first class there were several that dropped out, maybe transferred (don't have the specifics on that), or failed out. There was only 1 from the 2nd class, our class, and that was you. The school is very quick about reaching out to these students, you know what your grades are very quickly after finals so you know where you stand academically immediately, and why would the school contact or check up on these students to see if they need help when it's already establish that have to wait until the next class is taking the classes they failed? This is a graduate program filled with, presumed adults, what exactly would the school be reaching out to those students for during their time off? If they failed academically, they are held back until the class they failed it occurring again, I'm not sure what the confusion is with that. There are plenty of people to reach out to if you really need guidance, but there is no reason for them to reaching out otherwise.

"At the new school, many students I have spoken with told me about they have interviewed at MCW as well but decided to back out last minute even they already paid the seat deposit. They looks good on paper and during my interview, I fell for that as well but make sure to pick a school that fit you instead of wasting time like many of us that dropped out to start over." This happens at every school, what is the message here?

"Also, I should mention this. If you are not in a rush to graduate and make money, MCW costs as much as any 4 years program. So technically, you are not saving any money by going to a 3 years program instead of 4 years." Good luck buying an additional year of time.

"Since it’s a new school, there are no organizations or pharmaceutical fraternity for you to join. I believe extracurricular activities will help me have a higher chance to compete when applying for residency later. Grade is a factor but most of them are looking for a well-rounded candidate. " There are plenty of opportunities, tons really. There is no fraternity, and that is one of the few things you've presented that is accurate. Beyond that, there the same if not similar opportunities for publications, student organizations, outreach, etc. It does require slight effort to become involved though, it's not going to just come to you

I'm sorry that you had such a poor experience and such a strong opinion with such a minimal time here, but you really need to be more mature in accepting of shortcomings you brought onto yourself moving forward into your adult and professional life.

For those of you that have questions about the program and are interested in genuine/credible feedback on the program feel free to reach out to me.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
It’s a terrible idea to tell you guys not to work while in school. That’s going to make finding a job/residency even harder for the graduates of the program. And these students are already at a disadvantage because this is a pop up brand new pharmacy program and UW Madison is considered higher quality. And as silly as I think students orgs are, we give points to residency applicants for being involved in them.

@pharmdnerdieee Nobody tells you not to work. It's totally the student's choice. However, one should be aware that it can be pretty challenging if you decide to work throughout your academic career. I'm a first year pharmacy student at MCW. I have been working as a pharmacy intern at a hospital ever since I started my school. When I accepted an offer from MCW SOP, I knew exactly what I had signed up for. Working can be stressful at times but I know that I'm learning a lot of things from my workplace and I don't only see it as a source of income. If you are willing to keep up with the positive attitude and work hard, it is doable. Also, I may not be the smartest student in my class but have been getting decent grades even while working 8- 10 hours/ week. So, it really depends on the student rather than the school.

Hi all,
I am a P2 pharmacy student at MCW. I'm a single mom, full time grad student, pharmacy intern at hospital which is 8-9 hours a week, a chair-board member of 2 out of 4 organizations and working on 2 research projects here at MCW. There's a ton of opportunity here. You just need to manage your time and work hard.

Hello all,

I'm a current student in the MCW Pharmacy program, and I'll be graduating in 2021. I was actually in this same student's class and I just wanted to clear up some of this information due to the considerable hyperbole in these posts.

Starting with the first paragraph describing their experience:
Transferring out is not the same as failing two consecutive sessions. There are multiple systems in place to help students who struggle to adjust to the "fast paced" curriculum. Some would argue the safety nets are too generous, but this student obviously disagrees. There is no doubt that the program is challenging, but it's definitely manageable which is demonstrated by everyone in your class continuing forward. "There were 6 or 7 students either dropped out or transferred". This statement is partially true, there 6-7 students that either failed out, dropped out, or were held back due to falling below the pretty generous grade threshold.

The program is challenging, but also very doable. I am an intern, involved with the student government, and am doing well in classes and have never had to retake or correct anything academically. I am sorry that you found the introductory sessions so challenging as majority of that material was from undergrad and you didn't get to see the integrated sequences which would have provided a more accurate picture of what the program is like when it gets going. There are people with full families and kids that are able to manage the program so it really comes down to the individual to succeed. I suppose this should be the expectation, but these series of posts shifts the blame from the 1 person who couldn't adjust and points it at a system that about 100 have survived.

The curriculum is surprisingly well organized with a very nice overlap of concepts between classes that have relevant crossover, especially considering it has been open for less than 2 years. I'm always very impressed by their ability to tie in current, upcoming, and past material which has been invaluable for learning and retention.

"Competitive" is a curious choice of words considering the school's assessment system is designed around creating equal and well rounded pharmacists and not inciting aggressive competition. It's competency based grading, which is by definition not a competitive system. You'll probably find in your life time that no matter where you go you're going to find competitive people. Part of growing up is realizing there are different types of people in the world and you will not mesh with all of them. I've worked in pharmacy for sometime, I and many others will tell you that if you can't learn to work with different types of people your career is going to be hell. I remember trying to talk to you twice and being given one word answers followed by you walking off. Not the most enticing social activity. I also don't recall you ever trying to communicate to people beyond your clique. Meeting people is a two-way street, you cannot expect people to constantly go out of their way to sate your social needs.

"Their reputation is so bad to the point most of the preceptors I have been with on rotation have complained about their students and their ego 'I know it all'". This is another curious statement, you completed 1 IPPE rotation at MCW and at most 1 IPPE at Concordia. Again, these sweeping statements are backed by minimal data. Further, these students exist in every program, in every field, all over the world. Again, you need to realize there are different types of people in this world. I can say from personal experience, having actively reached out and talked to everyone in our class, that I haven't met anyone that has that gross delusion.

"It's sad." This find this final sentiment to be a beautiful summation of your insights into this program and your feedback on this board. Your posts read as someone who has had their ego hurt, which is further cemented by the gratuitous exaggerations you've used to slam the program.

On to the second paragraph:

"I am sure the 2 weeks off probably sounds attractive but the 11 weeks you’re in school is seriously hell." It's not, again, the program is manageable. It does require mild time management skills, but even then there are some students that manage with severe procrastination. I would not recommend procrastinating obviously, but it contradicts the extreme difficulty that is attempting to be conveyed here. If anything, I appreciate the "intensity" of the program as it has significantly improved my previously atrocious time management skills, which is a product of the fact that the program ramps up over time.

"Obviously since it’s 3 years program, everything has to be condensed including teaching materials." Yes, it's a 3 year program so it is condensed.

"I felt like I did not have enough time to practice and perfect my clinical skill. " You were here for 2 sessions, and just as we were transitioning into learning clinical skills. You were only on 1 IPPE rotation here, which was prior to any integrated courses so you had basically no background to be applying clinical skills.

"Comparing this to the new school, everything is at a much slower pace but I love it because all the professors actually spent time to help you and give you feedback after every patient care lab." Just as obvious as a 3 year program is condensed, a 4 year program is going to be slower paced. That's the point. Three year programs are better suited for those who can handle the "challenge" or those that have prior experience and are more interested in working through school in a time-efficient manner. I have worked in pharmacy for 6+ years, working over the summers offers me minimal benefit. That said, plenty of people without this background have managed very well and are even excelling. We also get tons of feedback, very specific feedback from our patient care lab. It's actually like one of the huge focuses for the class and program. We have smaller class sizes so you get tons of individualized attention, honestly more than I want since I'm used to large lecture halls. This also addresses your, "I also feel like they know you personally and genuinely want to help you to become a better health care provider."

"We also have 3 months off during summer to relax and spend time with our families. " Why would you sign up for a 3 year program if you want massive blocks of time off? "Obviously since it’s 3 years program, everything has to be condensed".

"There are several students failed one or two courses; they had to stay a year behind and retake that specific course. However, during their time off, no one at school ever contacted or checked up on them to see if they needed help for 10 months straight. That is just unacceptable for me. Again, not every school is a good fit for everyone but I do expect them to care about their students and not treat them as a number." From the first class there were several that dropped out, maybe transferred (don't have the specifics on that), or failed out. There was only 1 from the 2nd class, our class, and that was you. The school is very quick about reaching out to these students, you know what your grades are very quickly after finals so you know where you stand academically immediately, and why would the school contact or check up on these students to see if they need help when it's already establish that have to wait until the next class is taking the classes they failed? This is a graduate program filled with, presumed adults, what exactly would the school be reaching out to those students for during their time off? If they failed academically, they are held back until the class they failed it occurring again, I'm not sure what the confusion is with that. There are plenty of people to reach out to if you really need guidance, but there is no reason for them to reaching out otherwise.

"At the new school, many students I have spoken with told me about they have interviewed at MCW as well but decided to back out last minute even they already paid the seat deposit. They looks good on paper and during my interview, I fell for that as well but make sure to pick a school that fit you instead of wasting time like many of us that dropped out to start over." This happens at every school, what is the message here?

"Also, I should mention this. If you are not in a rush to graduate and make money, MCW costs as much as any 4 years program. So technically, you are not saving any money by going to a 3 years program instead of 4 years." Good luck buying an additional year of time.

"Since it’s a new school, there are no organizations or pharmaceutical fraternity for you to join. I believe extracurricular activities will help me have a higher chance to compete when applying for residency later. Grade is a factor but most of them are looking for a well-rounded candidate. " There are plenty of opportunities, tons really. There is no fraternity, and that is one of the few things you've presented that is accurate. Beyond that, there the same if not similar opportunities for publications, student organizations, outreach, etc. It does require slight effort to become involved though, it's not going to just come to you

I'm sorry that you had such a poor experience and such a strong opinion with such a minimal time here, but you really need to be more mature in accepting of shortcomings you brought onto yourself moving forward into your adult and professional life.

For those of you that have questions about the program and are interested in genuine/credible feedback on the program feel free to reach out to me.
well done for defending the diploma mill school.

Hi all,
I am a P2 pharmacy student at MCW. I'm a single mom, full time grad student, pharmacy intern at hospital which is 8-9 hours a week, a chair-board member of 2 out of 4 organizations and working on 2 research projects here at MCW. There's a ton of opportunity here. You just need to manage your time and work hard.
I hope the best for you! But I think you need to realize "a ton of opportunity" may not translate to anything when you graduate.

well done for defending the diploma mill school.

Why thank you. I'm curious as to what you believe are the necessary variables to found a school that makes it not a "diploma mill school"? Literally all schools are founded with the intention of graduating students and providing diplomas. Your frustration lies in the fact that there is more competition in an already saturated market. Though if you are actually extensively more qualified than anyone from this program this shouldn't be a concern for you, correct? If anything MCW is less a "diploma mill school" than many of the other unknown or recently developed programs due to the fact that it has a well established medical school and is merely a practical expansion. Your "diploma mill school" comment is a low effort criticism with no real substance. Though considering the post/person you came to back up I'm not surprised that this is all you have to offer.

Why thank you. I'm curious as to what you believe are the necessary variables to found a school that makes it not a "diploma mill school"? Literally all schools are founded with the intention of graduating students and providing diplomas. Your frustration lies in the fact that there is more competition in an already saturated market. Though if you are actually extensively more qualified than anyone from this program this shouldn't be a concern for you, correct? If anything MCW is less a "diploma mill school" than many of the other unknown or recently developed programs due to the fact that it has a well established medical school and is merely a practical expansion. Your "diploma mill school" comment is a low effort criticism with no real substance. Though considering the post/person you came to back up I'm not surprised that this is all you have to offer.
MCW pharmacy school has still not received full accreditation yet. It is the very nature of "many of the other unknown or recently developed programs" you were referring to. If this does not mean "diploma mill", I don't know what you are talking about.

MCW pharmacy school has still not received full accreditation yet. It is the very nature of "many of the other unknown or recently developed programs" you were referring to. If this does not mean "diploma mill", I don't know what you are talking about.
One of the requirements for accreditation is having a graduating class. That means your understanding and definition of "diploma mill" is any school that is in the accreditation process. So by your standards in about 4 months this school will no longer be a "diploma mill". The "unknown or recently developed programs" is referring to random unheard of programs popping up, in contrast to a well established medical school adding on a pharmacy program. You don't know what you're talking about.

You reminded me of the chapman pharmacy school dean who used to be around on this forum a year or two ago, and he was the laughing stock of everyone when he was talking about how good the program is, blah blah blah. Well, that chapman "diploma mill" pharmacy school now has full accreditation, yet MCW is not? I don't know what the heck you are talking about~

One of the requirements for accreditation is having a graduating class. That means your understanding and definition of "diploma mill" is any school that is in the accreditation process. So by your standards in about 4 months this school will no longer be a "diploma mill". The "unknown or recently developed programs" is referring to random unheard of programs popping up, in contrast to a well established medical school adding on a pharmacy program. You don't know what you're talking about.
Accreditation is only one of the many requirements. There were schools which had several years of graduating class and been put on probation. What made you so confident about MCW getting accredited? What if it is not? Your whole 3-year degree becomes worthless, and that possibility alone make MCW a true diploma mill.

You reminded me of the chapman pharmacy school dean who used to be around on this forum a year or two ago, and he was the laughing stock of everyone when he was talking about how good the program is, blah blah blah. Well, that chapman "diploma mill" pharmacy school now has full accreditation, yet MCW is not? I don't know what the heck you are talking about~
You're losing your base in this discussion, but thank you for your arbitrary anecdote. I did not say that this program is any amount superior to another so I'm not sure where you got that. My point through out all of this was refuting a person who was out right lying because they were hurt they couldn't manage. Then you came in, with suspiciously similar deficits in English to the original poster, and offered other baseless attacks.

"Well, that chapman "diploma mill" pharmacy school now has full accreditation, yet MCW is not? I don't know what the heck you are talking about~"
Answered by the post immediately above.
"One of the requirements for accreditation is having a graduating class. That means your understanding and definition of "diploma mill" is any school that is in the accreditation process. So by your standards in about 4 months this school will no longer be a "diploma mill". "

You're losing your base in this discussion, but thank you for your arbitrary anecdote. I did not say that this program is any amount superior to another so I'm not sure where you got that. My point through out all of this was refuting a person who was out right lying because they were hurt they couldn't manage. Then you came in, with suspiciously similar deficits in English to the original poster, and offered other baseless attacks.

"Well, that chapman "diploma mill" pharmacy school now has full accreditation, yet MCW is not? I don't know what the heck you are talking about~"
Answered by the post immediately above.
"One of the requirements for accreditation is having a graduating class. That means your understanding and definition of "diploma mill" is any school that is in the accreditation process. So by your standards in about 4 months this school will no longer be a "diploma mill". "
Well, what if it is not accredited? Your whole 3-year degree becomes worthless, and that possibility alone make MCW a true diploma mill.
You are essentially risking your whole 3 years of life and tuition. Good luck, guinea pig~ I honestly don't think you understood what you signed up for.

Well, what if it is not accredited? Your whole 3-year degree becomes worthless, and that possibility alone make MCW a true diploma mill.
You are essentially risking your whole 3 years of life and tuition. Good luck, guinea pig~ I honestly don't think you understood what you signed up for.
Here is what you just said: IF there is a possibility a school will not be accredited, THEN it is a diploma mill. Based on your definition (again), this means that every single school that has ever had to go through an accreditation process is a diploma mill. If this is what the competition is like, I think I'm going to be alright. Thank you for the well wishes.

@pharmdnerdieee ,

I was so disheartened to hear about these postings; professionalism goes a long way, as pharmacy is a "small world". You were really kind to me during session 1, and I'll never forget your impeccable handwriting or that you introduced me to "draw it to know it".

There are tons of organizations and events. I don't think I brought my own lunch to school for over a month because of all the seminars I attended. Last week, I attended a lunch and learn about a Hmong Shaman. Beyond the standard ASHP, APhA, writing, and law groups, we have inter-professional opportunities in pediatrics, religion, military, parenting...there are groups galore. In fact, I spearheaded my own group, partnered with a faculty member, and now have over 20 pharmacy students engaged with outreach/ambassador activities. Why? Because I wanted to...so I made it happen. We also have the opportunity for independent studies and get credit for learning about a topic we are interested in / passionate about. Point being - there's never NOT an opportunity for group/org participation.

I also don't understand your math...if you look at base tuition, our programs are similar in cost (MCW is a bit less)...but the accelerated nature of our program allows us to begin our practice one year earlier. I suppose it's a give and take, depending on your life/financial situation.

Your experience is not the norm, as showcased by the number of students who created accounts for the sole purpose of defending our school. I'm sorry you had a bad experience, and I'm glad to hear you're pushing forward.

Reactions: 1 users
Hampton pharmacy just lost its accreditation, and UB, which has medical, dental, nursing and pharmacy schools, was put on probation. Will MCW ever get accredited? lol

Hello,

I know I'm late to the thread, just wanted to clear some things up. I am part of the inaugural class who just graduated this past May and I would like to give my thoughts on MCW. I thought my time at MCW was great, there are a lot of rooms for opportunities. The professors are very knowledgable, can they be hard at times? Absolutely, it's a three year accelerated program. In my class there were a good amount who did not make it through. The students who did not make it that I knew well, were not willing putting in the time, energy, and work required for this program. When it comes to accreditation, the school was on track to get accreditation from ACPE this past April but was postponed until later this year due to the COVID-19 pandemic. I was one of the participants who was part of the students meetings with ACPE when they came to visit twice, from my knowledge there was no issue and the school will be accredited. Secondly, the opportunities to create something from the ground up is everywhere in this program. It is very raw and there is a lot of things you can put on your CV to stand out from the competition for residencies if you chose to go that route. Members from this class got interview at programs like Cleveland Clinic, Wake Forest, New York Presbyterian Hospital, Massachusetts General and so on. One classmate got 20 interview invitation. Our match rate was 21/29 (72%) which is higher than the national average (64%). Is this program perfect, absolutely not. Do I feel like it prepared me well for life after graduation, I think so. I was able to pass my NAPLEX and MPJE with a very high scores and I think MCW had a lot to do with that. One of the biggest criticisms I have of them program is that pharmacy students were not as involved with medical students as I would have hoped. We did a few workshops together but I think that is something that they will adjust in due time. Beings connected to a premier health-system like Froedtert is a great thing to have as well. Hope this helped and cleared some things up.

Last edited:
Good thing you transferred. Looks like they were trying to design the curriculum like medical school.
hi
you are talking about intership and clinical research definitely have a tremendous boost on your residency application. it takes time so think again

RX Marine was established in 1996 in Mumbai, India; as chemical manufacturing company catering exclusively to the needs of the marine industry. In a short span of 12 years the company has established itself as one of the leading wholesale suppliers of a wide range of chemicals for - Marine industry internationally - and other local industires and plants. Our client list bears testimony to this. The RXSOL policy has its foundations on two pillars of strength - a continuous investment in research and development to deliver premium quality products and a commitment to service.

-------------------

[URL =http://rxmarine.com/Natural-Blue-Biodegradable-Cleaner-Degreaser]Degresaser

Last edited:
hi
you are talking about intership and clinical research definitely have a tremendous boost on your residency application. it takes time so think again
You can apply for internships in the summer. Mayo Clinic and John Hopkins offers them in the summer and also Saint Jude’s.

You can do clinical research in your P4 year or in your P3 year if your school offers a research elective. Clinical research is not the same as wet lab research

There is a rumor that aacp will shut this school down, avoid this school at all costs

well done for

defending the diploma mill school

Completed residency and working in the ICU at one of the largest health institutions in the nation. Thanks for your "wisdom".