MCW or Med College of Ohio???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sandisk115

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got into MCW a few weeks ago and am scheduled for an interview at Medical College of Ohio in Dec. Should still go to the interview or save my money (I'd be flying out from NYC) and just accept my offer at MCW?

***Which school is better? Pros/cons of each?

If MCW is better in terms of preparing students for getting competitive residencies (I'm looking to come back to NYC), then I'll just accept there and cancel my Med College of Ohio interview. What do you think??? :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad.

i believe the general concensus will be that MCW is the school of choice compared to MCO.

My friend interviewed at both places and he liked MCW much better. Toledo is kinda barren and nothing really to do there. He describes MCW like a hotel resort haha. I guess he liked the way it looked.

MCW is "ranked" and he liked the people there more than the ones at MCO.

I can ask him more about it later. He got into MCO but decided to pass up that acceptance for a school he was waitlisted for and luckily he got in. I am supposed to pick him up tonight from the airport so I can ask him later if he still remembers stuff about it.

I have heard nothing but great things about MCW. If it were me I would accept there.

Members don't see this ad :)
that'd be great if you can ask him about it. also, where did he ultimately end up going to med school?

Originally posted by moops
do you know why he chose creighton over mcw?

i think he just felt a connection with it. cant really explain it.

but back to the op....mcw over mco. dont even think about mco.

interviewed, accepted at MCO, last pick of anywhere I got in. I'd go to MCW.

Why would you pick MCW over MCO?

Hey yo,
I'm the guy Jlee9531 is talking about (see you on Monday James). If I were you, I'd choose MCW over MCO. I interviewed at both (though I didn't get into MCW) and would have chosen MCW over MCO. Mainly because the people/atmosphere there was really nice, the facilities were awesome (it's like a hilton!) and it's a very reputable school. Plus, Milwaukee is a tad more attractive than Toledo (just a tad). However, if you are really cash strapped and dont want to pay back as much in loans, i'd pick MCO cause if you go to MCO, you'd save about 50,000 over the 4 years cause you can get in state residence. Finally, the reason Creighton was my top choice out of all the OUT OF STATE schools I visited was because of the people/atmosphere, the fact that the facilities are brand new or newly renovated, the hospital is across the street and is very clinically oriented (top 100 hospital in America), that Omaha, although it isnt a bustling city is growing rapidly and is very nice. Also, the fact that Creighton is part of a larger university and not simply just a "medical school" like MCW or MCO. If I had been accepted to MCW, I would have chosen MCW over all OUT OF STATE schools I was accepted except Creighton. I really like MCW when I was there.

Jetson

Also, as an aside that I just remembered, a friend here at Creighton got into MCW as well but chose Creighton for pretty much the same reasons.

Jetson