MCPHS Worcester

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I submitted my application on 1/31 and haven't heard anything back yet regarding an interview or rejection. :( How long did it take to get an interview offer for anyone else? Does anyone know how many interview days are left?

i submitted in mid january and got a letter to call for an interview in just over a week.
when you say you submitted your app, are you talking about the one from the MCP website or are you talking about pharmcas?
as long as you didnt get an outright rejection, theres still hope.

Members don't see this ad.

I submitted my application on 1/31 and haven't heard anything back yet regarding an interview or rejection. :( How long did it take to get an interview offer for anyone else? Does anyone know how many interview days are left?

I was a bit late in the game as well; didn't apply until the end of Jan. I heard back in mid Feb and interviewed in early March. I received the acceptance packet within a few days following the interview.

My two cents: Follow up with the admissions office with courtesy. Let them know you are excited about the prospects and you look forward to the next step in the application process.

The interview is in a relaxed environment. The staff is super nice. Ask relevant questions and be engaged. Stats will get you in the door, but it is your personality that will help you stand out. Be yourself!!!!

Hey Pharmacopeia,

Physio was taught by my favorite professor, Dr. Goldsmith. She is tough but she is a true professional. Everything she tests on, she either mentions in class or is in her slides. I have never cracked the text for that class and got a B+. Dr. Sharma is the other professor and he is SUPER detail oriented but an awesome guy. I didn't do as well on his exams but overall it was what I expected. It's a 4 credit course as is US Healthcare. The final was our last final and everyone was exhausted and the average was a 69. US Healthcare is a lot of new information for everyone. It's not information most of us have ever seen before, so in that sense it's tough. If you don't read ahead and understand the text you will not do well. Cramming for this class doesn't work well for most. Dr. Lahoz is the only professor I ever read a text for. She takes examples and concepts directly from the text. Dr. Lepage teaches for 2 exams for the public health portion and she is a breeze compared to Lahoz. Do well on Lahoz from the start and you'll be rewarded with Lepage's exams later. I think Dr. Lahoz is very fair and she even gives reasons why certain questions are wrong during exam reviews.
As far as advice I wish I would have had... If you try to stay one lecture ahead at all times, you can use the professors to your advantage. They are there to help you and not many people utilize them because they are always cramming for the next exam. Also, I would spend some time after an exam going back to your notes to highlight areas tested on so you can make study guides for finals. You can't re-learn the entire semester in the week prior to finals so spend a little time during the semester doing this. It will help.
If you are right out of Undergrad, this program is very intense. I worked in healthcare for 7 years prior to deciding to go back for my PharmD. I am a lot more mature than I was when I was 22. I find the younger students, for the most part, have the toughest time focusing and balancing their social lives with school, with good reason.
I don't have a family but I am married and work at an independent pharmacy every other Saturday. I commute 45 mins to school which takes 7.5 hours out of my study time a week and I do well because I make studying a priority. I want to do well and I do.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions.

Thanks for your insight. It's great to have a current student on the forum.

I took US healthcare at University of the Sciences. I agree it is something different for us left-brained bio students. A lot of reading and writing was involved around health policy. I found it to be rather dry. I don't know if I can go through that again.

What type of assignments did you complete? As a final project along with a comprehensive exam, we had to design a new model of care and detail how it would be implemented. I really struggled with all the legal aspects of it.

Any advice or feedback is appreciated.

Members don't see this ad :)
Can we exchange facebook or introduce ourselves since we're gonna be classmates for three years?

MCP is going to make an official facebook acceptance page and invite us all to join (probably) by summer.

MCP is going to make an official facebook acceptance page and invite us all to join (probably) by summer.

I just cannot wait to know about my future classmates.

Last edited:
Thank you for that advice. I really appreciate it! Congratulations on your acceptance!

i submitted in mid january and got a letter to call for an interview in just over a week.
when you say you submitted your app, are you talking about the one from the MCP website or are you talking about pharmcas?
as long as you didnt get an outright rejection, theres still hope.

I submitted both pharmcas and the supplemental on the MCP site by 1/31. I'll still keep my fingers crossed. :confused: Thanks for your response!

Hi everyone! I have an interview on April 1st! Any advice is appreciated!

Does anyone know what the cutoff is for passing a class? What happens if a student fails, do they get held back a year? Just nervous from some of the comments I've seen. Any information is greatly appreciated.

In order to pass a class, you need a D and above. However, you have to keep in mind that your cumulative GPA must be greater than a 2.2 to progress to the next semester. If you get a F even though your GPA is greater than a 2.2, you will be held back for a year. You will need to retake the course that you failed. If you have no F's but have a GPA lower than a 2.2, you will still need to retake some classes and again, you will have to stay back another year. Unfortunately, MCP does not offer remedial exams like many other programs do so study hard!

For those of you that have received your financial aid letters - was it via email or snail mail? Haven't gotten mine yet and was just wondering. Thanks!

For those of you that have received your financial aid letters - was it via email or snail mail? Haven't gotten mine yet and was just wondering. Thanks!

It was via email!! Check your spam this is the sender..do_not_reply_studentfinancialaid@planningprod.overturecorp.com

Thanks for your insight. It's great to have a current student on the forum.

I took US healthcare at University of the Sciences. I agree it is something different for us left-brained bio students. A lot of reading and writing was involved around health policy. I found it to be rather dry. I don't know if I can go through that again.

What type of assignments did you complete? As a final project along with a comprehensive exam, we had to design a new model of care and detail how it would be implemented. I really struggled with all the legal aspects of it.

Any advice or feedback is appreciated.

For this class there were 5 multiple choice exams and a final as well as participation points. All exams are multiple choice with a scantron because they have to grade 320+ students.
If you read the text closely and pay attention in class, it's not a difficult class in my opinion. The tough part is balancing 18 graduate credits.

For this class there were 5 multiple choice exams and a final as well as participation points. All exams are multiple choice with a scantron because they have to grade 320+ students.
If you read the text closely and pay attention in class, it's not a difficult class in my opinion. The tough part is balancing 18 graduate credits.

Hi NoPharmNoFood
Is that true that we have class from 8AM-4PM everyday?
If not, what is the schedule like?
Thank you very much for your feedback.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi NoPharmNoFood
Is that true that we have class from 8AM-4PM everyday?
If not, what is the schedule like?

I don't have my schedule from last semester in front of me but from what I remember:
Monday was 8 am - 3:00
Tuesday was until 2:20
Wed was 8 am - 3:00 (Law is taught in Worcester and he works full time so the class is 4-6 pm and you have from 3-4 free, Manchester only has him for Federal Law for the first 4 or five weeks and then they have 2 50 min classes Tues and Thurs at 11.)
Thursday was 11:00 (In Manchester) until 2:20
Friday was 9:30 until 12:30

We had an hour from lunch every day 12:30-1:30pm

Thanks for sharing that,NoPharmNoFood. I've been somewhat apprehensive since I came across negative reviews about the school.

Thanks for sharing that,NoPharmNoFood. I've been somewhat apprehensive since I came across negative reviews about the school.

No problem, I love it here... but I am in Manchester and our class is 63 students and we're all really tight.

My interview is coming up soon and I'm expecting the usual questions (e.g., why pharmacy, why MCPHS) and I heard that some of the questions will be based from the supplement. But if anyone can give me more insight as to what else will be asked it would mean a lot! Also, what is the essay portion like?

Thanks!

Hi all classmates, class of 2016

Anyone still interesting finding roomates or needing roomate for apartment around school ? Please let me know. I dont know where to start now :(

I don't have my schedule from last semester in front of me but from what I remember:
Monday was 8 am - 3:00
Tuesday was until 2:20
Wed was 8 am - 3:00 (Law is taught in Worcester and he works full time so the class is 4-6 pm and you have from 3-4 free, Manchester only has him for Federal Law for the first 4 or five weeks and then they have 2 50 min classes Tues and Thurs at 11.)
Thursday was 11:00 (In Manchester) until 2:20
Friday was 9:30 until 12:30

We had an hour from lunch every day 12:30-1:30pm

thats not bad at all.

I am planning to get on campus studio. Is 25 foster cheaper or Lincoln? how far is Lincoln ?
where can we find the top 200?

all input will be appreciated

Last edited:
No problem, I love it here... but I am in Manchester and our class is 63 students and we're all really tight.

Hey there,
I was wondering which areas in Manchester have good housing options if you have any idea.. Is it better to stay near campus or would it be ok to live like 10 or 15 minutes away..considering school workload, traffic and weather.

I also read in your earlier discussions that there will be a project in US healthcare..can you please further describe what they require in the project..and was it really so tough?I sit like writing a book..or is it a few pages.. I am also kind of scared as I have read many negative reviews about the school..and at the same time I am also excited to move to manchester.I hope its a safe place..

Hey there,
I was wondering which areas in Manchester have good housing options if you have any idea.. Is it better to stay near campus or would it be ok to live like 10 or 15 minutes away..considering school workload, traffic and weather.

I also read in your earlier discussions that there will be a project in US healthcare..can you please further describe what they require in the project..and was it really so tough?I sit like writing a book..or is it a few pages.. I am also kind of scared as I have read many negative reviews about the school..and at the same time I am also excited to move to manchester.I hope its a safe place..

There is no project in US Healthcare... that was someone asking if there was.
I drive 50 minutes to class every day and there are some who drive more. I have never missed a class. Most people live close by, some want to commute because they own homes etc. I'm 29 our class average age is 26 or 27 so we have a lot of married students who like the idea that there isn't a "dorm". I feel like Worcester has younger students, overall. The nicest apartments I've seen are Manchester Place. They're a stone's throw from campus and are very safe but pricey so find a roommate if you're not rolling in dough or intend on working while in school. I'm not too familiar with the Manchester apartment situation, otherwise. Manch-Vegas has good parts and bad parts but personally you wouldn't ever catch me living in Worcester (no offense to anyone out there, I am just very familiar with the city). It's normal to be scared but I have to say it's been an incredible experience thus far :)

Hey guys,

I have an interview this Friday!! Can someone please let me know the types of questions they will ask...??? Thanks!!! :/

Hello I just got admitted into Worcester, does anyone know if there is a free parking lot for students through out the semester?. I remember parking was crazy on my interview day. Any help pls?

Hello I just got admitted into Worcester, does anyone know if there is a free parking lot for students through out the semester?. I remember parking was crazy on my interview day. Any help pls?
If you read the page previous to this one, someone just asked the same question. It seems you can get a pass for the lot at 10 Lincoln which is the dorm a few blocks from the school. You can obtain it at orientation.

If you read the page previous to this one, someone just asked the same question. It seems you can get a pass for the lot at 10 Lincoln which is the dorm a few blocks from the school. You can obtain it at orientation.
Thanks a lot Pharmacopeia516 for this wonderful respond to my question.

Hello,
Guys/girsl, any of you selling books, please pm me or email me at [email protected]. I will gladly purchase them. Thank you!

Thanks a lot Pharmacopeia516 for this wonderful respond to my question.

Our parking pass is $140 per semester and they are limited. I know we submitted a request for one around July 1st. They will let you know about this in May or June by e-mail.

I would like to ask you guys about direct academic year cost on award leter. It said on the web site that thw tuition for Pharm D. is $42, 650 annually, but on the award letter it said thattuition for each semester is $15, 050 which is 45, 150 annually. Also there's another contradiction between their site and their award letter is that the room and board for each semester is 5, 100 per semester on the award letter while the room and board on the web site said it depens whether you want to live, but the max amount you have to pay is not even close to 4,000 per semester.
Can you guys help me clear on this matter?
I really appreciate all your help.

Last edited:
Our parking pass is $140 per semester and they are limited. I know we submitted a request for one around July 1st. They will let you know about this in May or June by e-mail.
Thanks Nopharmnofood I am wondering if its possible to deal without a car for the first two years since I will be leaving on campus. Do we have some activities that require driving or are buses pretty much accessible?

I would like to ask you guys about direct academic year cost on award leter. It said on the web site that thw tuition for Pharm D. is $42, 650 annually, but on the award letter it said thattuition for each semester is $15, 050 which is 45, 150 annually. Also there's another contradiction between their site and their award letter is that the room and board for each semester is 5, 100 per semester on the award letter while the room and board on the web site said it depens whether you want to live, but the max amount you have to pay is not even close to 4,000 per semester.
Can you guys help me clear on this matter?
I really appreciate all your help.
I'm pretty sure the figure on the website is for the 2012-2013 year. Of course they'll have increased tuition for this year. Not sure about the housing question. The people in admissions are very accommodating. If you call them, I'm sure they can clarify these points for you.

I still haven't gotten my award letter. Hmmm - looks like I'll be calling them also!

I'm pretty sure the figure on the website is for the 2012-2013 year. Of course they'll have increased tuition for this year. Not sure about the housing question. The people in admissions are very accommodating. If you call them, I'm sure they can clarify these points for you.

I still haven't gotten my award letter. Hmmm - looks like I'll be calling them also!
How long does it take for one to receive the awards letter?

How long does it take for one to receive the awards letter?
It's hard to judge for those of you that just were interviewed and accepted. Many of us on the thread interviewed back in october, november or december and had to wait until now for the awards. Those of you that were newly accepted will obviously not have to wait as long since they are currently being issued.

It's hard to judge for those of you that just were interviewed and accepted. Many of us on the thread interviewed back in october, november or december and had to wait until now for the awards. Those of you that were newly accepted will obviously not have to wait as long since they are currently being issued.
Thanks a lot pharmacopeia516, I will be waiting then.

Thank you very much,Pharmacopeia516.
You're always a big help to anyone here!
As regarding the tuition, I don't think school did a great job on these. They've never notified us about increasing the tuition as a matter of fact they increase tuition as well as housing. They know that students take tuition into account to choose their choice of school, but they don't let students know until the award letters are out. I'm pretty sure most of us here get accepted more than one school and decided to go here because it' s a accelerated program. We just want to get in and get out early, but the fact that they increase the tuition without letting students know make them less appealing. It's just my 2 cents. I will call them regrading the dorm fees and let you guys know about it.

Thank you very much,Pharmacopeia516.
You're always a big help to anyone here!
As regarding the tuition, I don't think school did a great job on these. They've never notified us about increasing the tuition as a matter of fact they increase tuition as well as housing. They know that students take tuition into account to choose their choice of school, but they don't let students know until the award letters are out. I'm pretty sure most of us here get accepted more than one school and decided to go here because it' s a accelerated program. We just want to get in and get out early, but the fact that they increase the tuition without letting students know make them less appealing. It's just my 2 cents. I will call them regrading the dorm fees and let you guys know about it.
You're very welcome. I've spent enough time scouring the website and I speak with 2 current students periodically, so I figured I'd share what I know. I'm not always correct, but I try to fact check where I can.

I agree about the increase in tuition not being clear, but it seems that most schools I applied to practice the same policy so I'm definitely not surprised to see it. It is frustrating when you're trying to make a decision about where to attend - but a phone call to each school will get you the latest information on any planned tuition hikes.

To those of you that got your award letters - is your Grad PLUS award listed on it as well? That whole process is not very clear. Any info is appreciated!

To those of you that got your award letters - is your Grad PLUS award listed on it as well? That whole process is not very clear. Any info is appreciated!
The Grad PLUS award is not included. I emailed the financial services, and they said that they recomended us to apply for Grad Plus around May. They didn't tell me the reason, so I am not clear about that. The award letter only includes Federal Direct Unsubsidized loan and scholarships.

The Grad PLUS award is not included. I emailed the financial services, and they said that they recomended us to apply for Grad Plus around May. They didn't tell me the reason, so I am not clear about that. The award letter only includes Federal Direct Unsubsidized loan and scholarships.
Thank you! Did they explain the process for applying when you emailed them? I can't find much on the process on the web - just that you have to start with FAFSA.

Thanks Nopharmnofood I am wondering if its possible to deal without a car for the first two years since I will be leaving on campus. Do we have some activities that require driving or are buses pretty much accessible?

Fall semester you will have service learning and depending where your site is, you may need a car. It's doable without one if you car pool with other students. Your first rotations are Aug/Sept or October after P1 year and you will most certainly need a car for them. They can place you up to 60 miles from campus or your local address. So I'd say after the first year, you need a car...

Tuition will always get higher... you can be it will never decrease lol. The school will tell you anything you need to know with an e-mail or phonecall to admissions. They're very helpful. We weren't even told as current students that tuition will increase because everyone knows it will... does a bear **** in the woods?

Tuition will always get higher... you can be it will never decrease lol. The school will tell you anything you need to know with an e-mail or phonecall to admissions. They're very helpful. We weren't even told as current students that tuition will increase because everyone knows it will... does a bear **** in the woods?
lol...They certainly do.

Fall semester you will have service learning and depending where your site is, you may need a car. It's doable without one if you car pool with other students. Your first rotations are Aug/Sept or October after P1 year and you will most certainly need a car for them. They can place you up to 60 miles from campus or your local address. So I'd say after the first year, you need a car...
Thank you soo much noPharmsnoFood, u r a great help. Since there are limited parking lots where do students who are not given a parking lot park? Thats my greatest worry right now cos I realised parking is an issue over there.

i asked my interviewer who said they still send you around for stuff in your first/second year. more volunteering type deals than anything medically related, but still; the chances are they wont be close enough that it would be easy to bus it so they "highly recommend" you get a car.

im concerned about the parking situation too, but it seems like we just have to wait until summer to find out

Thank you! Did they explain the process for applying when you emailed them? I can't find much on the process on the web - just that you have to start with FAFSA.

They didn't tell me anything, but I think they will send us the instruction later on.if I find out something, I will definitely let you know.

I wouldn't worry too much. I haven't heard of anyone who wants a parking pass not get one. Just make sure you apply for one as early as you can. Worst case scenario, you car pool or get a pass second semster if they are out first semster. I am in MAnchester and we have ample parking but I know Worcester has parking issues bc of space in the city. You'll be fine.