MCPHS DENTAL HYGIENE B.S (PRE-DENTAL)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

oral_surgery_life

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I am a freshman (Biomedical engineering-WPI) who intends to transfer to MCPHS-Boston to attend the Dental Hygiene BS (pre-dental) program. This is because I found out the school seems to provide clinical experience, located at Boston (closer to my acquaintances) and the tuition fee is smaller than WPI (also comes with merit scholarship). My fall semester grade is 4.0, SAT is 1370, TOEFL ibt is 105. I really really want to pursue my career as an oral and maxillofacial surgeon. However, I read that there are many mixed/polarizing reviews about MCPHS, some say this school is terrible (faculties are bad, no social life, etc...) while others say that slackers and unsuitable people are just raging all over the forum, this school is excellent, etc... I really want to have some honest insights of MCPHS, especially the Dental Hygiene BS program. Please help?!

Members don't see this ad.

If you're set on becoming an OMFS, why don't you prepare for DDS/DMD program rather than dental hygiene?

If you're set on becoming an OMFS, why don't you prepare for DDS/DMD program rather than dental hygiene?
OP wants the hand skills exposure. Not a bad idea considering they would be leaps and bounds ahead in pre-clinic, thus they could focus more of their attention on studying for the CBSE.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh actually I'm still a freshman, so technically I can't apply to DDS/DDM program yet. I'm just a little worried about MCPHS, cause I read on College Confidential and Student reviews and I found out so many negative reviews. On the other hand, this forum and UNIGO seem to give me a lot of positive perspectives about this college. Specifically, my questions for this college are:

1/Is the Dental Hygiene B.S (pre-dental) program of MCPHS worthy/good (in terms of clinical exposure, education quality and faculty)?
2/ In the worst case that I can't get to DDS/DDM program, is the degree in Dental Hygiene of MCPHS qualified for me to get a job? (I know it's kinda a dumb question but my dad keeps asking me this)
3/How rigorous/difficult is MCPHS's Dental Hygiene program? I'm scared that it might hurt my grade (and dental school cares for grade, so)

Hi,
I am a freshman (Biomedical engineering-WPI) who intends to transfer to MCPHS-Boston to attend the Dental Hygiene BS (pre-dental) program. This is because I found out the school seems to provide clinical experience, located at Boston (closer to my acquaintances) and the tuition fee is smaller than WPI (also comes with merit scholarship). My fall semester grade is 4.0, SAT is 1370, TOEFL ibt is 105. I really really want to pursue my career as an oral and maxillofacial surgeon. However, I read that there are many mixed/polarizing reviews about MCPHS, some say this school is terrible (faculties are bad, no social life, etc...) while others say that slackers and unsuitable people are just raging all over the forum, this school is excellent, etc... I really want to have some honest insights of MCPHS, especially the Dental Hygiene BS program. Please help?!

Oh actually I'm still a freshman, so technically I can't apply to DDS/DDM program yet. I'm just a little worried about MCPHS, cause I read on College Confidential and Student reviews and I found out so many negative reviews. On the other hand, this forum and UNIGO seem to give me a lot of positive perspectives about this college. Specifically, my questions for this college are:

1/Is the Dental Hygiene B.S (pre-dental) program of MCPHS worthy/good (in terms of clinical exposure, education quality and faculty)?
2/ In the worst case that I can't get to DDS/DDM program, is the degree in Dental Hygiene of MCPHS qualified for me to get a job? (I know it's kinda a dumb question but my dad keeps asking me this)
3/How rigorous/difficult is MCPHS's Dental Hygiene program? I'm scared that it might hurt my grade (and dental school cares for grade, so)

I got into BS-Dental Hygiene program at MCPHS and I really need feedbacks if I should attend that college.