MCPHS Boston

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

evanescero

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone applying as a transfer this fall for MCPHS Boston?

Members don't see this ad.

I am. I already submitted my supplemental app and PharmCAS but they won't receive it probably till the end of Oct. How about you?:)

I am. I already submitted my supplemental app and PharmCAS but they won't receive it probably till the end of Oct. How about you?:)

Hi giauphan, nice to find people applying here! I just submitted today and I'm finishing up my supplemental. I feel like I'm so late to the party! But hopefully they haven't started reviewing applications yet... I know there are very few seats available... *bites his nails* lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi giauphan, nice to find people applying here! I just submitted today and I'm finishing up my supplemental. I feel like I'm so late to the party! But hopefully they haven't started reviewing applications yet... I know there are very few seats available... *bites his nails* lol

I feel like I'm late too. I thought they kind of accepting everyone who apply. Hope that the case though because this is my top choice.

I feel like I'm late too. I thought they kind of accepting everyone who apply. Hope that the case though because this is my top choice.

Oh no, it's comparatively easier to get into MCPHS Worcester or Manchester, but MCPHS Boston has very few seats open for transferring... are you transferring?

I wonder why Boston has different prereqs vs. Worcester/Manchester. The upper division psych prereq is kind of random compared to other schools...they also require calc II which the other program doesn't.

I wonder why Boston has different prereqs vs. Worcester/Manchester. The upper division psych prereq is kind of random compared to other schools...they also require calc II which the other program doesn't.

I think it's just another way to weed out more people from the application process. They have very limited seats for transfers at MCPHS Boston. It makes sense if you want less people to apply there (and more people to apply to Worcester/Manchesters). When I met with the advisor there, he mentiones Worcester/Manchester at least 3 times lol.

Oh no, it's comparatively easier to get into MCPHS Worcester or Manchester, but MCPHS Boston has very few seats open for transferring... are you transferring?
Yes, I am a transfer. Oh no, now you make me so worried. It's my top choice school. *Freak out now*

Yes, I am a transfer. Oh no, now you make me so worried. It's my top choice school. *Freak out now*

Haha, don't freak out. There's nothing else you can do. Do you mind sharing your statistics? Did you take the PCAT at all? We should stay in touch through here just to be able to know how they are handling the applications, etc. When did you e-submit?

Haha, don't freak out. There's nothing else you can do. Do you mind sharing your statistics? Did you take the PCAT at all? We should stay in touch through here just to be able to know how they are handling the applications, etc. When did you e-submit?
Well I submitted my application on 8/30 and they still haven't done calculated my GPA. so annoyed. Well my statistics is: my GPA is 3.7 (overall), 3.8 (science), I do volunteer at the pharmacy department at one of the local hospital, as the same time shadowing several pharmacists. I took the PCAT on sept 18 and did pretty decent (74 composite score) except the verbal section, which is super low. How about you?

Well I submitted my application on 8/30 and they still haven't done calculated my GPA. so annoyed. Well my statistics is: my GPA is 3.7 (overall), 3.8 (science), I do volunteer at the pharmacy department at one of the local hospital, as the same time shadowing several pharmacists. I took the PCAT on sept 18 and did pretty decent (74 composite score) except the verbal section, which is super low. How about you?

Yeah, that sounds good. You should definitely get interviewed, I just hope they haven't started interviewing yet. I submitted on 9/20 so mine is going to take forever! Let me know when they verify/mail yours so I can have an idea of how long they're taking to process it! My GPA is 3.82 (overall) and 3.7 (science). I got a 98 composite score, and I worked as a Pharm Tech at Walgreens for almost a year. What college do you go to?

Yeah, that sounds good. You should definitely get interviewed, I just hope they haven't started interviewing yet. I submitted on 9/20 so mine is going to take forever! Let me know when they verify/mail yours so I can have an idea of how long they're taking to process it! My GPA is 3.82 (overall) and 3.7 (science). I got a 98 composite score, and I worked as a Pharm Tech at Walgreens for almost a year. What college do you go to?

Wow, your stat is amazing. Good for you :) I go to Oral Roberts University in Tulsa, OK. How about you?

Members don't see this ad :)
I go to University of South Florida, in Tampa, Florida.
Wow, you move along the coast. lol. By the way, PharmCAS just finished verified my GPA today so it takes about 3 weeks for mine. Do you know by chance when is their mailing cycle?

Wow, you move along the coast. lol. By the way, PharmCAS just finished verified my GPA today so it takes about 3 weeks for mine. Do you know by chance when is their mailing cycle?

I've heard that they mail it out on Mondays and Wednesdays but I'm not completely sure. I gotta finish my supplemental! Still working on that "why boston" essay... lol

I've heard that they mail it out on Mondays and Wednesdays but I'm not completely sure. I gotta finish my supplemental! Still working on that "why boston" essay... lol

Oh ya that essay. Not hard at the same it is kind of since it includes the Boston part. By the way, my application was mailed out today.

Oh ya that essay. Not hard at the same it is kind of since it includes the Boston part. By the way, my application was mailed out today.

Great news! Best of luck to you. I hope mine gets verified soon! Let me know if they call you or email you for an interview or for whatever. I'll keep you posted too!

Great news! Best of luck to you. I hope mine gets verified soon! Let me know if they call you or email you for an interview or for whatever. I'll keep you posted too!

I definitely will. Thank you for sharing this experience with me. I pray for your application will be verified soon too. It seems like once the early admission deadline passes, they will verify application faster.

I definitely will. Thank you for sharing this experience with me. I pray for your application will be verified soon too. It seems like once the early admission deadline passes, they will verify application faster.

Thanks! Same to you! We'll be in touch through here. Hopefully we interview the same day! haha

anyone else get an interview today? I got one, but i was unable to schedule it because the assistant was out of the office...

anyone else get an interview today? I got one, but i was unable to schedule it because the assistant was out of the office...

No! I haven't even submitted my supplemental yet! Can you keep us updated on the date of your interview, etc? Did they send you an email for the interview invite?

How long did they receive your application and let you know you got an interview? They haven't let me know if they received my application or not

yes they sent the invitation via email and i submitted all my stuff about a month ago

At the AACP Virtual Fair, I was told that MCPHS Boston accepted about 20 transfers from 950 applicants last year. :eek: Not holding out much hope for my application anymore...!

At the AACP Virtual Fair, I was told that MCPHS Boston accepted about 20 transfers from 950 applicants last year. :eek: Not holding out much hope for my application anymore...!

Was that from one of their advisors? I did hear very similar numbers before, so I totally believe, I just want to confirm.

Hey, 803678094. Did you finally schedule your interview?
Did they send you a confirmed email when they received your application? I haven't heard anything from them at all. I wonder if I should give them a call

hey guys,

unfortunately I have not been able to schedule my interview despite numerous attempts :(
these guys are MIA for some reason. I guess I will just keep trying.

here are my stats btw

3.6 nonscience
3.55 science

500+ hours of community service
100 hours pharmacy volunteer
volunteer abroad in Nicaragua
published cancer research
and college honors

Did they send you a confirmed email when they received your application? I haven't heard anything from them at all. I wonder if I should give them a call

nope no email or notice or anything... until my application began its review, which was about 2 weeks after my supplemental. but after the review email, I waited like 3 weeks

hey guys,

unfortunately I have not been able to schedule my interview despite numerous attempts :(
these guys are MIA for some reason. I guess I will just keep trying.

here are my stats btw

3.6 nonscience
3.55 science

500+ hours of community service
100 hours pharmacy volunteer
volunteer abroad in Nicaragua
published cancer research
and college honors

Those are great stats! Congrats! Best of luck getting that interview. Kind of ridiculous that they haven't been available for so long... wow... Anyways thanks a lot for sharing. I have very similar statistics. #fingerscrossed hahah :)

Was that from one of their advisors? I did hear very similar numbers before, so I totally believe, I just want to confirm.

Yep, that's what I asked and was told by the advisor.

Hey, just got verified today. Hopefully mine gets mailed next week. Did they mail out yours on Monday?

Hey, just got verified today. Hopefully mine gets mailed next week. Did they mail out yours on Monday?

Yay, finally. I'm glad for you. Yes, they told me that their mailing cycle is on Monday and Wed.

Yay, finally. I'm glad for you. Yes, they told me that their mailing cycle is on Monday and Wed.

Thanks! I feel like it took forever! Now let's hope we get interviews... Have you heard from them at all?

Thanks! I feel like it took forever! Now let's hope we get interviews... Have you heard from them at all?

Not at all, not even an email about whether they received my application or not. I'm so worried about that. I don't want to bug them so I am still deciding if I want to call them or not

Not at all, not even an email about whether they received my application or not. I'm so worried about that. I don't want to bug them so I am still deciding if I want to call them or not

Yeah, the smartest thing might be to wait it off a little bit.

Hey, giauphan. I would actually advice you to contact them. I got a couple of emails from them confirming that they got my application, etc. I called them just to make sure and they were really nice. I don't think calling them would harm your application or chances in anyway. Quite the opposite, it will help clarify why they didn't send you that email, which seems to be pretty standard. I actually got 2 of them, not just 1.

Hey, giauphan. I would actually advice you to contact them. I got a couple of emails from them confirming that they got my application, etc. I called them just to make sure and they were really nice. I don't think calling them would harm your application or chances in anyway. Quite the opposite, it will help clarify why they didn't send you that email, which seems to be pretty standard. I actually got 2 of them, not just 1.

Hey, thank you. I called them and they said my application is under reviewed. I hate this waiting period.

Yeah, they told me the same thing. I absolutely hate it too. I will let you know if they contact me or anything. Keep me updated too!

Got an interview invitation today...! :eek: Anyone else?

No, I haven't gotten anything, how long did it take them from the time they received it to the invitation? Also, can you post your stats?

No, I haven't gotten anything, how long did it take them from the time they received it to the invitation? Also, can you post your stats?

My supplemental was sent 8/26...Pharmcas app verified on 10/4. Just got the invite today. Stats..3.66 science GPA..3.41 cumulative undergrad. I have a BA, BS, and an MA that are totally unrelated to pharmacy. No PCAT. Leadership position for 2 years w/ pre-pharmacy club and shadowed 3 pharmacists.

My supplemental was sent 8/26...Pharmcas app verified on 10/4. Just got the invite today. Stats..3.66 science GPA..3.41 cumulative undergrad. I have a BA, BS, and an MA that are totally unrelated to pharmacy. No PCAT. Leadership position for 2 years w/ pre-pharmacy club and shadowed 3 pharmacists.

nice! I have similar stats but mine got verified on 10/11, so hopefully I'll get my interview invite in around a week? Best of luck, let us know what date you schedule your interview, maybe we have the same day! :) Cheers!

Good luck, evanescero! Have you had any invites/interviews so far to other programs?..this was my second invite, was very surprised to see it in my inbox today.

No, haven't had any yet, I have only sent 2 supplementals in and that was not long ago, so they are still reviewing my applications I think? Where else did you get an interview?

No, haven't had any yet, I have only sent 2 supplementals in and that was not long ago, so they are still reviewing my applications I think? Where else did you get an interview?

Ah, yeah most places are still reviewing...I applied to 8 schools and have only heard from 2. I had an interview at California Northstate...won't hear the results until Dec though.

I had to withdraw my app because i didnt realize they had an upper psychology course requirement and I've only taken intro to psych >< ughh

Ah, yeah most places are still reviewing...I applied to 8 schools and have only heard from 2. I had an interview at California Northstate...won't hear the results until Dec though.

Best of luck to you! Let's keep in touch through here, this is the only place where I can find some type of information about the process. I feel that the secret nature of the review process is killing me! I can't deal with uncertainty lol

I had to withdraw my app because i didnt realize they had an upper psychology course requirement and I've only taken intro to psych >< ughh

Ah, that sucks. I hadn't realized that either but I am taking an upper psychology class right now and they count it. You could still take it in the spring!!

Best of luck to you! Let's keep in touch through here, this is the only place where I can find some type of information about the process. I feel that the secret nature of the review process is killing me! I can't deal with uncertainty lol

Thanks..! The uncertainty is stressful; I agree. And in that vein...MCPHS called me back..she gave me a date in February and a date in March...so I called back and left a message that I will go in February. Seems like ages from now..!!