MCPHS-Boston, USP, Rutgers Grads?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SAJ2012

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What do you think of the respective programs? Looking back would you have gone to those schools? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not a USP grad, but soon to be one in May. It's an expensive program and the active learning thing they do is weird (though apparently now a lot of other schools are starting to do the same thing). Also, there's not much social life here, especially for people that don't do Greek life. One thing I do like about USP is that we have a good rotation network and do 8 rotations (as opposed to 6 at many other schools), but I believe Rutgers does 8 as well. We do have some people getting into pretty good residencies/fellowships every year, but I imagine that depends on the individuals, not the school, as we also had people last year who did not get into residency/fellowship. My advice would be go somewhere cheaper if you can.

Price of Rutgers/MCPHS-Boston (w/ Scholarship) are about the same, hoping I get into Rutgers but I have to take the SATs again.