MCPHS anyone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Blacjaguar

Never say never...
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well, it's October 2nd, we should be getting "application complete" letters soon if applications were already sent in.

Anyone have any advice or comments about MCPHS? I read a thread from 2007 and I'm a wee bit frightened. Thanks!! :oops:

Members don't see this ad.

I hear you. I read the same stuff. Hopefully it's not as bad as some of them say.

You are talking about Worcester right, not the Boston campus?

Hey!

I called the school a few days ago, just because I had a few questions, and the lady told me that if you get an interview its a very good chance you will get accepted or waitlisted. I believe she said they interview over 200 and the class is about 160 students. Over 80 percent of the ppl who get accepted have degrees. Also I cant remember exactly what she said but it was something along the lines of interviews will begin in Nov or sent out in Nov. I received an email on 9/2 stating they have my pharmcas app but nothing about my supplemental.

What are yalls stats?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does MCPHS Boston campus have any supplementals? I couldn't find any on their website.

Yes there is a supp app up online. I sent out my PharmCAS and now i just have to write my essay for the supp app explaining a few W's and why i want to go there...

I dont knw if i'll get accepted but i really want to go there since its a 3 yr prgrm!

Stats:
overall: 3.3
sci/math: 2.99
PCAT: 65, re-taking in on oct. 18

What about you guys?

Dont worry about your pcat scores for MCPHS, they do not look at them. When I called, I was told that they do not look at them because its such a rigirous program, and the pcat doesn't show how you would be able to handle a difficult courseload or something like that. So basically, I guess they are going to look at each semester on your transcript, look at how many difficult classes you had that semester, and how you did, as far as grades wise.

Yes there is a supp app up online. I sent out my PharmCAS and now i just have to write my essay for the supp app explaining a few W's and why i want to go there...

I dont knw if i'll get accepted but i really want to go there since its a 3 yr prgrm!

Stats:
overall: 3.3
sci/math: 2.99
PCAT: 65, re-taking in on oct. 18

What about you guys?

really? there's a supp for the boston campus? are you guys applying as transfer students? because I called about a month ago asking about admissions for transfer students and the lady said there is no supp.

is it the "common application" or another one?

I think everyone is talking about the worcester campus

Well, it's October 2nd, we should be getting "application complete" letters soon if applications were already sent in.

Anyone have any advice or comments about MCPHS? I read a thread from 2007 and I'm a wee bit frightened. Thanks!! :oops:

Hey i have applied to worcester campus and am also waiting for application complete email. I am scared because this is only school am applying to.

Wow! Why did you only apply to one school?

Hey i have applied to worcester campus and am also waiting for application complete email. I am scared because this is only school am applying to.

Hey! This is the only one I applied to as well. It's the only three year program in the area. I sent my supp and my Pharmcas in weeks and weeks ago and never got an email. In the 2007 thread, it mentions people got an actual letter in the mail. Maybe that email was an acknowledgement from Pharmas and not MCPHS? They just started looking at them a couple days ago, so we should get acknowledgements soon.

My stats grade-wise are pretty good, but I'm really concerned about my lack of pharm experience. I have been working and going to school, both full time, for years now, and I would not be able to survive on a Pharm Tech salary and would collapse if I worked it as a second job. Maybe all this being busy all the time will show I will be good at the three year program? Maybe? Maybe?! *sigh!*

I know someone who knows two people who are affiliated with MCPHS. One is a professor and the other is a student. Both have good things to say. I think that the 2007 thread was a result of a lot of frustration and other things going on. If we hunker down and don't expect to have a relaxing time for the next three years, I think we should be fine. (Heck, we're working hard to even get this far, right? What's a few more years?).

Good luck to EVERYONE!:luck:

This is the email I received from MCPHS on 9/2. It wasn't from pharmcas and who knows maybe they could be doing things via email this year, that would be great.

Hello!

The MCPHS Admission Office at the Worcester , MA campus has received your PharmCAS application to our accelerated Doctor of Pharmacy program for fall 2009 entry. If you have not already done so, you should submit your supplemental application, accessible on our website at: http://www.mcphs.edu/admission/docs/PharmD%20supplemental%20application%20-%20WorcMan.pdf.

Please note that our admission committee will not be reviewing files until October 1, 2008 and that all credentials must be received by MCPHS no later than February 2, 2009. In addition, should you progress through the admission process and be offered a seat in our program, MCPHS requires official, final copies of all college/university transcripts from all colleges attended, foreign or domestic.

If English is not your native language you will need to submit official scores from the TOEFL or IELTS exam. If you have foreign transcripts, they will need to be evaluated by an official foreign transcript evaluation service and MCPHS requires an official copy of the completed evaluation. MCPHS accepts the following services only:

The Center for Educational Documentation, Inc. (CED)
(617) 338-7171 or on the Web at www.cedevaluations.com

Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc. (ECE)
(414) 289-3400 or on the Web at www.ece.org

World Education Services (WES)
(212) 966-6311 or on the Web at www.wes.org

We are pleased you have chosen MCPHS to further your education in the healthcare field. Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions or concerns you may have.

Best Regards,

-Kate Metzger-
-Assistant Director of Operations-
Office of Admission
Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
19 Foster Street
Worcester, MA 01608
[email protected]

This is the email I received from MCPHS on 9/2. It wasn't from pharmcas and who knows maybe they could be doing things via email this year, that would be great.

Hello!

The MCPHS Admission Office at the Worcester , MA campus has received your PharmCAS application to our accelerated Doctor of Pharmacy program for fall 2009 entry. If you have not already done so, you should submit your supplemental application, accessible on our website at: http://www.mcphs.edu/admission/docs/PharmD%20supplemental%20application%20-%20WorcMan.pdf.

Please note that our admission committee will not be reviewing files until October 1, 2008 and that all credentials must be received by MCPHS no later than February 2, 2009. In addition, should you progress through the admission process and be offered a seat in our program, MCPHS requires official, final copies of all college/university transcripts from all colleges attended, foreign or domestic.

If English is not your native language you will need to submit official scores from the TOEFL or IELTS exam. If you have foreign transcripts, they will need to be evaluated by an official foreign transcript evaluation service and MCPHS requires an official copy of the completed evaluation. MCPHS accepts the following services only:

The Center for Educational Documentation, Inc. (CED)
(617) 338-7171 or on the Web at www.cedevaluations.com

Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc. (ECE)
(414) 289-3400 or on the Web at www.ece.org

World Education Services (WES)
(212) 966-6311 or on the Web at www.wes.org

We are pleased you have chosen MCPHS to further your education in the healthcare field. Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions or concerns you may have.

Best Regards,

-Kate Metzger-
-Assistant Director of Operations-
Office of Admission
Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
19 Foster Street
Worcester, MA 01608
[email protected]

i applied for boston campus and the sent me thesame thing....
how did yours go?