Mckesson robot and "living pharmacist"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Seriously why can't we get a pharmacy cut shot that ISNT of a pharmacist counting pills? Bueller, Bueller... Bueller?

Members don't see this ad :)
Seriously why can't we get a pharmacy cut shot that ISNT of a pharmacist counting pills? Bueller, Bueller... Bueller?
anything that McKesson or Parata touches should be considered hazardous...all their products suck!

yeah, I'm not a fan of the damn robot.

Its a damn good thing they have these robots to work 24/7 - doing what the pharmacist would typically do - only faster and more accurate.

But they better not touch technician jobs... wait... what...

How come the world cannot tell the difference between a tech and a pharmacist? Do we really do the EXACT same job.

The robots are made to replace technicians... not the pharmacist (as even he relates in the video)

:thumbdown:

I worked at an independent with a parata robot for a bit, and I can say its good stuff.

The pharmacists and techs have separate tables. The techs count and put them in a box, the pharmacist on the other side of the box picks them up and checks them against a screen that has pt's info on it including script, interactions, etc. Basically, it takes some burden off techs and prevents pharmacists from having to help them count and allows them more face time with patients.

The robot itself takes... I would say 50% of the prescription burden off, mostly the popular ones. That is, when the thing is working. A lot of the times you'll get random messages saying cell's not responding, or you'll get a bottle that should have been 30 that has like 10, etc. I'd say its worth it overall for high volume stores, though. And from what I've seen, absolutely no threat to the actual pharmacist's job.

I work at a hospital where we have that piece of $h17 robot and all it does is break down and make mistakes due to poor design! After 5 years of service, I heard they want to "86" the whole thing....