MCG - August MCAT - Medical College of Georgia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

greggth

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am not a Georgia resident. I took the MCAT in August and my AMCAS app was transmitted to MCG in October, but I have not heard anything at all from them. Is this normal?

Members don't see this ad.

I am an in-state resident so I don't really know, but I would have to say yes, it is normal. Keep in mind that MCG is a state school and HEAVILY discriminates against out-of-staters.

-X

two points:

1) depending on what time in october you sumbitted to mcg, it would be abnonrmal to not hear anything. I was interviewed alreadsy with an august mcat that was downloaded in mid-oct. If I were you, I would expect a rejection letter shortly(with an out of state explanation in it)

2) Basically, MCG is restricted to Georgia residents only. Applicants in other states are going to be rejected 99% of the time pre-interview. The last class had 3 people who were listed "out of state" and all three had very relevant georgia connections(military husnand in georgia, ect). Simply liking the state or having grandparents who live there won't get you an interview at MCG out of state, even with a 3.9/38.

And keep in mind, we aren't talking about 3 matriculants out of 80-100 but 3 out of 180. It's basically a school exclusively for georgia residents.