MCATpreparation - how many weeks

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dsjrarts

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If I were to start now do you think I would have enough time to do reasonably well on the mcat. I am thinking of using the EK full package plus V 101

I think I have just under 10 weeks.
ds

Members don't see this ad.

dsjrarts said:
If I were to start now do you think I would have enough time to do reasonably well on the mcat. I am thinking of using the EK full package plus V 101

I think I have just under 10 weeks.
ds

Advice like this is so hard to give. Depends on where you are and where you need to be (how do *you* define "reasonably well"?). Depends on how much time you're going to devote and how quickly you pick stuff up.

But yeah, I think that's enough time to definitely improve your score if you bust your butt.

EK has a home study schedule I have a copy if you want it... it calls for ten weeks to study and prepare for the mcat. But if you do double duty you can prob make up the few days you missed. just let me know... PM me

Can someone give me some advice on my situation?

I won't be able to start studying until late june. So I will have about 8 weeks to study.

I was studying for the April MCAT...and got my score up to low 30s, but decided not to take it feeling I could do better in the summer (Schoolwork was too much--it was my own fault for thinking I could handle a tough courseload AND study for the MCAT at the same time).

Will 8 weeks be enough time?

UCdannyLA said:
Can someone give me some advice on my situation?

I won't be able to start studying until late june. So I will have about 8 weeks to study.

I was studying for the April MCAT...and got my score up to low 30s, but decided not to take it feeling I could do better in the summer (Schoolwork was too much--it was my own fault for thinking I could handle a tough courseload AND study for the MCAT at the same time).

Will 8 weeks be enough time?

Sounds like you've got a good feel for when things aren't working. You realized the April exam wasn't going to work out for you and changed your plan.

I think if you really work hard, given that you already started a good foundation (getting up to a 30+ already), 8 weeks should be enough. If during the 8 weeks you decide it's not working, use your judgement as to how to change what you're doing before the test.

What score are you shooting for? I mean 30+ is a common goal and if you're already there, you just need to insure consistency. Make sure stress doesn't hurt you by doing plenty of practice.