Mcat32, gpa3.2 ***plz help***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

plzpickme

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I will be applying to medical schools this year.
I am nervous because my stats aren't that great...
What are my chances of getting into any US medical school?
(I got in to Carribean Medical School; if I have no chance what-so-ever, than I am thinking I might as well should go there):(

STAT:

MCAT 32,(14/13/5); 5 on verbal
GPA 3.2 (not from an elite school)
~2 years of research
over 200 hours of volunteer
Delaware Resident
-------

Please help me out, my fellow students!:love:
Any comment will be greatly appreciated

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Sorry, it's 14/13/5.
I did very poorly on verbal. Would this hurt me?
I am so nervous about applying to med schools..

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello, I will be applying to medical schools this year.
I am nervous because my states aren't that great...
What are my chances of getting into any US medical school?
(I got in to Carribean Medical School; if I have no chance what-so-ever, than I am thinking I might as well should go there):(

STAT:

MCAT 32,(14/13/5); 5 on verbal
GPA 3.2 (not from an elite school)
~2 years of research
over 200 hours of volunteer
Delaware Resident
-------

Please help me out, my fellow students!:love:
Any comment will be greatly appreciated

study now. sign up for a retake. Even if your sciences drop, and you can bring up your verbal to an 8, you will open a LOT more doors. As it stands, your best bet are DO schools, but you can send in your apps to lower tier MD. then wait and pray you get into a US school. I highly suggest a retake.

That verbal score is way too low for any US MD program... If I were you I'd retake the MCAT and get as much verbal practice in as possible (TPRH workbook, EK 101 verbal and LOTS of reading) because if you could get it to at least an 8 or 9 your mcat score would be extremely competitive provided you do similarly well on other sections.

Thank you so much for your input!

Here is my question:
Would it make any difference if I am not a native speaker?
That was my 3rd time taking MCAT. I scored higher on verbal last time, but I don't think I can do this anymore.
What are some low tier med schools? Would I even have a chance?

Thank you so much for your input!

Here is my question:
Would it make any difference if I am not a native speaker?
That was my 3rd time taking MCAT. I scored higher on verbal last time, but I don't think I can do this anymore.
What are some low tier med schools? Would I even have a chance?

No it doesn't matter if you're not native. Many non native speakers score in double digits. What was your last verbal score? If you got an 8, you should be okay.
Check out the thread for "school list for uncompetitive applicant" from today. That's a pretty decent list minus his California state schools and Wake.