MCAT MCAT Tip: Classes to Take For the MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MCAT Self Prep

Vendor
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
How will my pre-med classes help me succeed on the MCAT? Although medical schools vary by what pre-med classes they require and which classes they simply recommend, it is important to understand how your pre-med classes will help you attain pre-med success. The MCAT doesn’t just test you on your ability to memorize countless scientific facts. It expects you to be able to use your science background to answer challenging questions in a logical manner. The greater your science background the better prepared you will be for the MCAT.

What classes should I take before taking the MCAT? Many students wonder if they need a certain pre-med class before taking the MCAT. You don’t need to take any classes before taking the MCAT. But, it is highly recommended that you take as many pre-med classes as you can before taking the MCAT in order to build a solid science background. Even if a certain science class doesn’t explicitly cover a large volume of MCAT content, it can still be useful in building your scientific reasoning skills. A good rule of thumb is to finish all your pre-med classes before taking the MCAT.

What else can I do to build a strong foundation in science? One of the best ways to build your science foundation is to practice using the best practice problems and then discuss them with someone who already has a strong science background. The MCAT Self Prep eCourse incorporates only the best practice problems and using our score tracker you will be able to track your scaled MCAT score every single day of studying. Also, our 99th percentile MCAT tutors can offer you an added perspective as you try and tackle some of the more difficult MCAT practice problems. Our tutoring program will help you build a strong science foundation in a step-by-step, logical manner.

Members don't see this ad.