This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DoctorOrdinary

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm planning on registering for the MCAT soon but want to be 100% sure that I'm scheduling myself appropriately.

My plan is to apply as soon as AMCAS opens up, so I would ideally want my scores before June 1st. The latest MCAT date that would allow me to do this would be April 13th, giving me 96 days starting next Monday to study for the MCAT. I will be following SN2ed's 83 day schedule, largely using the complete TBR set.

I have completed all my prerequisites, including upper levels such as physio, biochem, cell bio, and genetics. For this upcoming semester in which I will be studying for the MCAT, I only have two classes on campus so I only need to go to school twice a week. My volunteering will only be a 4hr commitment and research will probably be 10 hours or less per week. I was considering to push the test date later in the summer to maximize my score potential since I would have no other commitments during the time, but I thought that my Spring semester is light enough to do full time studying, and just save summer for secondaries.

So my question is, should I go ahead and register for the April 13th MCAT? Any advice or experience would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Sounds like a reasonable plan to me, but it will ultimately come down to your dilligence, knowledge, test taking skills, and what your target score is.

Best thing to do would be to take a practice exam under real test taking conditions to see where you're at. Then ask yourself how far off is it from your target score? Is 96 days a feasible amount of time to close that gap knowing my class load, research commitments, work ethic, etc?