MCAT study plan, when to use world, online course, etc.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premed.mom

Premed
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am taking my MCAT next summer, I plan on applying in 2023, I will also be in school full time until the summer, and I am taking a longer than normal time to study because I have ADHD, and I know I will need it. I just bought the 12-month blueprint online course. Am also looking at Uworld questions. When should I start doing Uworld? I can take the MCAT sooner if I feel ready it just depends.

Members don't see this ad.

For the final month you should only be doing AAMC questions / only using AAMC materials and practice tests. The starting 6 - 8 weeks before that, start using UWorld to simulate sections of the MCAT. Prior to that, use other study resources to learn content, practice strategies, etc.

Reactions: 1 user
For a super loose 3 month study plan, I'd spent a month doing content review, 1 month doing 3rd party stuff, and then 1 month doing AAMC material. I personally believe that the AAMC material doesn't take the entire month, so I would spread out AAMC material over the 4 weeks and fill in the gaps with more 3rd party stuff and content review.

Kevin W, MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors

Reactions: 2 users