MCAT Scores Available June 15 (Per MCAT Director)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SDN

Welcome to SDN
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I know there has been a lot of anxiety regarding the release date of the MCAT scores. This morning I contacted Ellen Julian, Ph.D., assistant vice-president of the Association of American Medical Colleges and director of the Medical College Admission Test.

She would like to relay to everyone that the scores will be available on June 15th, despite what other people are posting around the Internet. Specifically she states:

"Our target is June 15. We carefully say on or about June 15, to give us a little slack, but ... my best estimate is very early on the 15th."
My thanks to the AAMC and Dr. Julian. I know the entire MCAT staff is working very hard to ensure the scores are verified and the information is accurate prior to being released. They understand your anxiousness to have these scores ASAP!

Members don't see this ad.

Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you!! You iz da bomb!!!! Lee

*nail biting continues for a few more days*

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you tell them to hurry up so that all the neurotic premeds will stop crashing the SDN server making these mcat score and anti score threads?

Way to go! It's good that you're able to contact someone who actually knows. That's a relief (although I wish it were sooner, of course).

Ellen, that is "MCAT Staff" on the e-mcat forums!

Let's pray for Monday night!

-tx

Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lee A Burnett said:
I know there has been a lot of anxiety regarding the release date of the MCAT scores. This morning I contacted Ellen Julian, Ph.D., assistant vice-president of the Association of American Medical Colleges and director of the Medical College Admission Test.

She would like to relay to everyone that the scores will be available on June 15th, despite what other people are posting around the Internet. Specifically she states:

My thanks to the AAMC and Dr. Julian. I know the entire MCAT staff is working very hard to ensure the scores are verified and the information is accurate prior to being released. They understand your anxiousness to have these scores ASAP!

WOW! :wow:

Lee, you contacted the DIRECTOR of the MCAT to find out the release date... I already got into med school but you really showed everyone here on SDN that you're looking out for them! Great job, truly impressive. :thumbup:

Thanks for finding out for us...finally an answer I can trust.

But the 15th sucks...I'll be working from 8am to midnight...without internet access. Maybe I'll be able to find out before I leave.

Yes, thanks Lee. It is only seven days away. So close yet so far away. Just hope that I don't have to retake again. I pretty much put everything on hold before the score release.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow, this is like that game with Kevin Bacon except with the president of AAMC. I know Lee A. Burnett (albeit via SDN) who knows the assistant vice president who knows the vice president who knows the president of AAMC.

Maybe you can put in a good word for my application. ;)

Seriously, thanks so much for the info!!

Agent Splat said:
Thanks for finding out for us...finally an answer I can trust.

But the 15th sucks...I'll be working from 8am to midnight...without internet access. Maybe I'll be able to find out before I leave.

LOL - I'll be away from an internet connection myself. Sucks to be us! :(

Too bad we didn't get this info earlier...I would've gotten a helluva lot more sleep on Sunday night! ;)

Wow...official confirmation....now i can stop checking Thx incessantly!

Thanks Lee!

hey, what if lee silenced all those other score-release joke threads just so he could play the biggest joke of all......think about it.....(i've lost my mind)....

Wow, Lee. Thanks! Now I can stop obsessively loading the results page.

psssst.....I still check it....I just can't help myself...true OCD :oops: :oops:

Lee-

You've already got a ton of thank yous, but here one more: Thanks.

And you're so non-chalant..."...so I call the MCAT director, and she says...". I'm trying to plea down a ticket...can you call the judge?

Nice work. I'm glad I'm on SDN - I'm gonna donate to show my thanks.

dc

"MCAT Staff" on the e-mcat.com forums is the same as the person Lee got the info from:
(This is a thread called "For MCAT Staff" posted by Nuel)

MCAT Staff
Posts Posted - 04/24/2004 : 12:49:02 PM
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Depends on the form.

I'm glad to have a chance to answer questions. I get frustrated seeing all the misinformation that is being presented as fact on discussion boards. It's nice to have a place where I can help set the record straight. We really aren't out to make people's lives miserable, or to make a profit off of college students (remember, it's aamc.ORG), but I can understand how it might seem that way. What else can I tell you that would help reduce the mystery?

Ellen Julian
Asst VP of AAMC
Director of MCAT

Just F.Y.I.! :thumbup:

-tx

i think the mcat people need to set a 'earliest possible' date, so as to stop this manic checking ot thX. its the least they can do.

superdevil said:
hey, what if lee silenced all those other score-release joke threads just so he could play the biggest joke of all......think about it.....(i've lost my mind)....
hmmm...why are we so quick to trust now? Do we really know "Lee"? Does he work for them? :eek:

lissa1217 said:
hmmm...why are we so quick to trust now? Do we really know "Lee"? Does he work for them? :eek:

If we're going to distrust him, we probably shouldn't spend so much time posting on the site he runs :D

Lee,

Is your avatar a Sleestak? Is that a joke about how this is "The Land of the Lost?" :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

All ye newbies, bask in the power that is sdn and the Webmonster Lee A. Burnett. Thous shalt not punk the AAMC unless your name is Lee.

...need to finish school and retire. hurry up scores.