MCAT resource by section list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kenykj49

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
How's my resource list looking? I'm planning to use Nymeria's 100 Day Plan with a few adaptations. After reading 100's of SDN/premeddit forums this is what I took away.

Reasons I chose TBR:
1. It's been a few years since I've taken a few of the prereqs; I think I will benefit from having a more "in-depth" content review.
2. I have the time to dedicate given current circumstances (7-8 hours/day)
3. Aiming 515+

Chemistry/Physics
  • The Berkeley Review
Biology/Biochemistry
  • The Berkeley Review
  • Kaplan Biochemistry
Psychology/Sociology
  • Khan Academy 86/300 page document
  • The Princeton Review
  • Premade Anki Decks
Critical Reasoning/Analysis
  • AAMC Official guide (~5 passages)
  • AAMC Practice Test (~9 passages)
  • AAMC CARS Q Pack (~42 passages)
  • The Princeton Review Hyperlearning Verbal
  • Khan Academy CARS
  • Jack Westin
Practice Tests/Questions
  • AAMC FL1-FL4
  • NextStep FL (x3)
  • UWorld Question Bank
  • AAMC Official Buncle

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
IMO, the most important resources for MCAT prep are the official AAMC practice tests and aggressive Anki review. I would suggest just stick to only one third company resources for review (I only used Kaplan, and I’ve heard success stories from people only using KA), and then do all the AAMC Question Packs and section bank for each section. If you have time, then you can do UWorld or NS FL. Otherwise, go straight to AAMC FL’s. For CARS, I recommend using JW, KA, or other third party resources only for practicing timing. Around 4-6 weeks before test date, you should exclusively use AAMC materials to prime your brain into AAMC CARS logic.

IMO, the most important resources for MCAT prep are the official AAMC practice tests and aggressive Anki review. I would suggest just stick to only one third company resources for review (I only used Kaplan, and I’ve heard success stories from people only using KA), and then do all the AAMC Question Packs and section bank for each section. If you have time, then you can do UWorld or NS FL. Otherwise, go straight to AAMC FL’s. For CARS, I recommend using JW, KA, or other third party resources only for practicing timing. Around 4-6 weeks before test date, you should exclusively use AAMC materials to prime your brain into AAMC CARS logic.

What did your Anki work flow look like? Which decks did you use? Did you create your own? Both?

Last edited:
What did your Anki work flow look like? Which decks did you use? Did you create your own? Both?
I created my own Anki deck and started adding cards when I started using AAMC materials; I didn’t use Anki to memorize every single detail from my Kaplan review books but rather focused exclusively on what I missed from AAMC section banks and FL’s. My Anki would be very detailed and dense; if I got one problem wrong, then I would include everything I felt weak about that concept over 4-5 cards.

I created my own Anki deck and started adding cards when I started using AAMC materials; I didn’t use Anki to memorize every single detail from my Kaplan review books but rather focused exclusively on what I missed from AAMC section banks and FL’s. My Anki would be very detailed and dense; if I got one problem wrong, then I would include everything I felt weak about that concept over 4-5 cards.

That’s similar to what I’m going to do. I’m going to use milesdown deck for general content review. I think I’m going to make my own deck while watching KA videos/reading 300 page doc. I’ll also make a deck like yours.

Reactions: 1 user