MCAT Prep Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NBKG

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I had a question about the MCAT. I have been advised to take Biochem and Physics the same year, sounds like suicide, in order to be "ready" for the MCAT if I wanted to take it the following summer after my junior year. I was wondering if I should do Phy/Biochem, Phy/A&P, or Biochem/A&P? The reason why I'm asking is that I heard that there is a lot of A&P on the MCAT instead of the other topics, Biochem having the least content I heard. What has been your experience on the MCAT? I'm currently a sophomore. I would like to know which classes I should take first and which I can potentially "skip" for the MCAT. My current classes are:

Bio
GChem
OChem (hopefully, just one more term)
Cell Bio
Genetics
Psychology (just the first term)

P.S. Does anyone know if there is going to be a lot of psychology (I heard rumors) and what about Calculus I or even II?

Any advice and help will go a long way, thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Did you switch a&p for biochem in your post? There is a lot of biochem, extremely little a&p.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Yeah you've been getting some pretty terrible advice. There's a lot of biochem and not much A&P. And there's a whole section on psychology so maybe brush up on that a bit... Definitely download the AAMC content list that outlines what the test covers and stop listening to whoever is giving you this advice haha

Yeah you've been getting some pretty terrible advice. There's a lot of biochem and not much A&P. And there's a whole section on psychology so maybe brush up on that a bit... Definitely download the AAMC content list that outlines what the test covers and stop listening to whoever is giving you this advice haha

Well I think they took the old MCAT, which did not have new things like psychology. I figured that there will be more Biochem since now some med schools require Cell Bio and more of those pre-reqs for the Biochem courses.