MCAT PREP BOOKS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

frank457

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,
I'm currently debating between Kaplan and Princeton Review and want to order my books tonight/tomorrow as I'm currently registered for the June 1 MCAT and my mentor recommended I change it to a late April/Early May date instead. What do you guys think- Kaplan or Princeton?

I work full time, just completed a 1-year post bac program and have 3-4 months. I have extreme ADHD and am a visual learner- Thoughts?

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

This guy wrote a pretty in-depth review for the MCAT. He scored very well! Here's the link: https://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/koalats-all-in-one-mcat-guide.1195923/

To answer your question, he says: "The best material is TBR [The Berkeley Review], hands down. Don't worry that it is old. It is still the best in every category, including Biochemistry. This material is the highest rated by other users, and I 100% agree. I also bought and used the new TBR Psych book. It was AMAZING. Just like other TBR material, which is highly concept focused and contains a huge depth of material."

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
between Kaplan and Princeton, definitely princeton

for their individual books ("7 book set"), at the end of every chapter Kaplan has free standing but NOT passage based questions - TPR has both

content review in both are otherwise equal imo, but go with tpr for the passages

i have never read the berkeley review but have heard good things about it

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you both that is extremely helpful!

I second the Berkeley Review. I have Kaplan and like the content review but you need passage based questions. Practice doing passages. Also look into ExamKrackers 101 passages in verbal reasoning and the Princeton review hyper learning workbook for verbal practice. Also look at aamc practice tests and qbanks for practice passages!

Best of luck!