MCAT practice exam schedule?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jammin06

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys,
i'm wondering how people are pacing (paced) themselves w/ the practice exams that they have. I am taking the PR course right now, took the diagnostic last weekend and got a 20 (not great, i know). But, i have access to the 3-6R and the tests offered by PR in the booklet. I just don't know which ones to start on. I heard 3R was easier, but I don't want to start taking actual AAMC exams just yet. Can anyone offer any advice?

Members don't see this ad.

jammin06 said:
hey guys,
i'm wondering how people are pacing (paced) themselves w/ the practice exams that they have. I am taking the PR course right now, took the diagnostic last weekend and got a 20 (not great, i know). But, i have access to the 3-6R and the tests offered by PR in the booklet. I just don't know which ones to start on. I heard 3R was easier, but I don't want to start taking actual AAMC exams just yet. Can anyone offer any advice?

Stick with their exam schedule. Don't use any of the exams they plan on using outside of the scheduled diags.

If you have tests available they won't have you take, wait until you've had a chance to get some of the information and the techniques down, but before the solid streak of test taking late in the class (there's a practice test every weekend for the three weekends prior to the actual test).

During school I took a full length exam two times, four weeks and two weeks before the test. I also took a small length exam @ 5 weeks, 3 weeks and 1 week before the exam. I also did a lot of verbal passages on the side.

jammin06 said:
hey guys,

I did TPR too last semester. Stick with their schedule. Its not a good idea to "waste" AAMC exams when you are not fully prepared.

There is a week break between the "real" MCAT and your last diag, so this is when I took AAMC test 7 (recently released). If your schedule is different, I would try to squeeze this in after the last diag (AAMC test 6R) and a few days before the real MCAT.

AAMC test 3R is way too easy! You can take this for fun or to get used to the format and MCAT "feel," but it might be a waste of your time. EK Verbal 101 is not bad practice if you need extra Verbal stuff. And TPR tests A-D provide some good extra science passages (they are tough).

Hope that helps. :thumbup:

-tx