MCAT Plan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rajp98

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I'll be starting my Junior year of college this coming Fall, and I realize that it's now time to start studying for the big MCAT.

I'm planning on starting studying next week from Monday, I have the TPR and Kaplan books- but the problem is that I have no clue on where or how to start.

Should I just start reading each of the content books 1 by 1? Take a practice test first? How do I go about starting this entire phase of my life?

Also, I wanted your recommendation on when I should take the MCAT if I start studying from next week to the end of Summer and in the Fall lightly also.

Members don't see this ad.

-Always study with the AAMC's "What's on the Exam?" webpage open in the other window. That way, you can make sure you covered everything and didn't waste time learning anything that's not on the exam.
-You will have to take the exam in either early September or January, as it is not offered Oct-Dec.

Reactions: 1 users
Evey individual has unique strengths and weaknesses. You can find so many strategies on here. The key point is to find the one that best suits your schedule and studying habits.

Personally, I purchased TPR set. I spent one week reading the book and studying the materials, then the following week, I would just focus on doing all Khan Academy passages that correspond to that book. After I finished all the books, I started doing FLs exams.