MCAT immediate score please help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Emswizle

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey! I take my MCAT in a few days and I have heard that you get an estimate score immediately when you finish the test such as 505-510. But I can’t find ANYTHING online. Do that give you a percent correct or what? I know the scales score comes out a month later and I know how that whole process works but I’m just wondering if they give you any hints at all on how you did immediately when you finish the test? Thank you so much for your help and input!!

Members don't see this ad.

No you won't get anything until you get your score back. Sit back and relax after the test! And good luck

Reactions: 1 user
Hi @Emswizle -

That is not the case for the MCAT, for better or for worse, although it does occur for other standardized tests like the DAT. (In 2015, right after the test was updated, there was a period where students received preliminary scores a few weeks later, as described here, so that might be where you heard about score estimates, but those days are well behind us).

Almost there! Best of luck and make sure to take some time if at all possible post-MCAT to get out, enjoy life, reconnect with hobbies/friends, and so on. It's really hard to know how you did right after taking the test -- even people who get 520+ scores can feel uncertain about how the test went. So if at all possible, try not to worry about it too much.

Members don't see this ad :)
The only thing you will know is how you think you did. With C/P B/B I know i did well, CARS is a lot more subjective. P/S was my worst so I was pleased with my 130/129/130/126

No estimated score provided. Just a "Void or Score" screen.

I'm just going to say that nearly everyone I have talked to has walked away from the MCAT feeling terrible about how they did. I was one of them. I nearly voided because it just felt so bad. I am very glad I didn't void.