Mcat Hazing!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DSM

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
come on guys.....lighten up, I am in the same boat as everyone here who obsessively checks their scores every 15 minutes. We need to learn to laugh at ourselves and our behavior. It truly is funny. I admit my obsession but I would not take anyones word for something as important as this. Got to see it for myself. ;)

now quit stressing! :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

DSM, I like your attitude. I hope I find the kids with a sense of humor early on in med school. It helps so much to be able to laugh at yourself.

Speaking of, I haven't checked since 5:15 today... best log on to Thx...

DSM said:
come on guys.....lighten up, I am in the same boat as everyone here who obsessively checks their scores every 15 minutes. We need to learn to laugh at ourselves and our behavior. It truly is funny. I admit my obsession but I would not take anyones word for something as important as this. Got to see it for myself. ;)
now quit stressing! :laugh:
:clap: :clap:

I've found that tying my hands together and biting my nails obsessively to the quick helps me to restrain myself when feeling the insane urges to check my mcat scores....hahahah, just kidding :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not saying that all of our collective obsessiveness isn't funny. I DID liken myself to the maniacal bride-to-be who obsesses about nothing else but a wedding, after all. However, it's just mean when people who are NOT going through this torment those who are. THOSE people need to get a life. Amongst us, we all know each others' pain, and I realize people are coping differently, and it's going to manifest differently. Fine. Pull jokes, doesn't bother me. I'll just stay drunk for the week. :cool:

Will somebody PLEASE hold my hand???????? :love:

everyone needs to just chill out..CHILL OUT....
Personally, I like the humor, but man some people can get seriously hurt by this stuff.

UNTlabrat said:
I'm not saying that all of our collective obsessiveness isn't funny. I DID liken myself to the maniacal bride-to-be who obsesses about nothing else but a wedding, after all. However, it's just mean when people who are NOT going through this torment those who are. THOSE people need to get a life. Amongst us, we all know each others' pain, and I realize people are coping differently, and it's going to manifest differently. Fine. Pull jokes, doesn't bother me. I'll just stay drunk for the week. :cool:

Will somebody PLEASE hold my hand???????? :love:

You have to realize that the ones pulling the joke (SAC) has already been through this particular nailbiter. They know EXACTLY what we are going through. That is why they can yank our chains so easily!

I have been so busy checking these 2 threads that I actually went a WHOLE 20 MINUTES before I checked my mcat scores. :laugh:

DSM said:
You have to realize that the ones pulling the joke (SAC) has already been through this particular nailbiter. They know EXACTLY what we are going through. That is why they can yank our chains so easily!

I have been so busy checking these 2 threads that I actually went a WHOLE 20 MINUTES before I checked my mcat scores. :laugh:
Sure, but that's also why they should show a little consideration. I, personally, don't care. Like you said, I wouldn't believe any random poster. I know who to trust here. But some people aren't handling the stress well, and I guess it's just the mom in me reacting.

For real? 20 minutes? :thumbup: :laugh: :laugh:

UNTlabrat said:
Sure, but that's also why they should show a little consideration. I, personally, don't care. Like you said, I wouldn't believe any random poster. I know who to trust here. But some people aren't handling the stress well, and I guess it's just the mom in me reacting.

For real? 20 minutes? :thumbup: :laugh: :laugh:

For real! I have it pulled up and all I do is refresh the page. I think I will faint when I finally do see my scores regardless of the numbers! :laugh:

But these premeds have to learn that this the only beginning. We will go through SO MANY of these hurdles we might as well learn to handle it now. Again, laughter is the best medicine. So start with yourself and laugh away!

Yup, 20 minutes!

*note, I never posted that scores were up just laughed at the reactions...does that make me a bad person?????* :laugh:

DSM said:
...*note, I never posted that scores were up just laughed at the reactions...does that make me a bad person?????* :laugh:
Nope. Just don't tell too many people...

It's funny (and sad)how gullible these people are. They want it sooo badly, they just don't rationalize before reacting. Normally, every single one of these people are probably level-headed and normal in real life. :laugh:

Incidentally, I haven't checked for days. *gasp heard around forum*

UNTlabrat said:
Incidentally, I haven't checked for days. *gasp heard around forum*

LOL....ARE U SERIOUS......i refresh like every 5 minutes......i have OCD now..LOL.....i cant believe u didnt check!!!! :confused: :confused:

You know how people forget what pain is like? I think it's why women keep having children, because they forget how bad it hurts.

I think that's what some of these folks who've been through it before are like. They think they know what it's like, but time is a good insulator.

Just don't pick on the people that are really freaking. It doesn't bother me except it crowds the more interesting threads out of the way.

drguy22 said:
LOL....ARE U SERIOUS......i refresh like every 5 minutes......i have OCD now..LOL.....i cant believe u didnt check!!!! :confused: :confused:

:laugh: Yeah, I'm afraid my scores are going to be there! :eek: :laugh:

MoosePilot said:
You know how people forget what pain is like? I think it's why women keep having children, because they forget how bad it hurts.

I think that's what some of these folks who've been through it before are like. They think they know what it's like, but time is a good insulator.

Just don't pick on the people that are really freaking. It doesn't bother me except it crowds the more interesting threads out of the way.
Will you hold my hand? :love: :laugh: