MCAT Full Lengths 1 Week Out- SOS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medschoolhopeful!

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello SDNers having a bit of a freak out and need some advice. I just finished crying so be real w me but not too brutal ;)

Last week I took AAMC FL1 and got a 507 (127/128/125/127)...after going some googling I thought, okay, cool, haven't touched the SBs and barely the Q Packs yet, I can probably get my score to a 510 by test day in 2 weeks.

Today (one week later) I took AAMC FL2, I was expecting a score increase, I guess because most people online had posted that they had seen one. Unfortunately, I got a 504 (127/126/126/125) (MAJOR PANIC) . This is after completing and reviewing both the B/B and C/P SBs and also going over FL1 and the content I had missed. Also reviewing the first 40 pages of the 86 page P/S doc.

I was hoping this would have been higher and then I would take FL 3 on Sunday, get above a 510, review it monday, and go into the test Next Saturday with a bit of confidence...now I'm freaking out...especially because I felt better while taking FL2?

I am taking a gap year but I really just wanted to get this done before the school year started so that when I apply next summer I don't have to worry about it. Plus, I studied for 3 months this summer and idk if I'll have a more ideal time to take it. With that being said, I don't want to get a bad score. I have a 3.7 GPA at a "Little Ivy Conference" school and would be alright with DO if it meant not taking this again.

Do I need to reschedule? Am I freaking out for no reason? Has anyone else seen a dip like this and turned it around in 10 days?

Members don't see this ad.