MCAT Exam Next Week

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xoxo111

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all, my test is next week and I was wondering what do you guys suggest I should focus most on? I was thinking of just focusing on SB the next 7 days, what do you guys think?

Also few test day tips would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

With one week left, content review is over. Spam passages and questions until your test, and do NOTHING MCAT-related the day before the exam.

Work out the small details of test day, like how you are getting to the center, what traffic will be like, what items you want to bring. Spend some time making all of the periphery tasks easier come test day. And as Zenabi said, pound passages and questions. Make a 'cheat sheet' of simple mantras before any homework set or practice exam you do. One suggestion we make to our students is to pound easier questions the last week, because you need to make sure your confidence is in the right place. The last thing you need this week is a killer passage that undermines your confidence.

Reactions: 1 user
One more thing came to mind:

Consider if there's anything you would like to write down on your provided note-taking space. Things you have trouble remembering like formulas or mnemonics.

Members don't see this ad :)
do NOTHING MCAT-related the day before the exam.

I was hoping to do practice test 2 again the day before exam just so that I remain in the flow because I've noticed that my scores lower a bit when I take a break (weird I know lol), is it still a bad idea?

I was hoping to do practice test 2 again the day before exam just so that I remain in the flow because I've noticed that my scores lower a bit when I take a break (weird I know lol), is it still a bad idea?

Yes. It really won't do you any good, and it might just end up screwing with your confidence if something randomly negative happens.

Reactions: 1 users
That's a bad idea.

I am the same way - even taking one day off to re-charge takes me totally out of it. It takes me a second to get back into the swing of things. In addition, I stress more as a result, because I know this about myself, if I force myself to do nothing for a day.

I think the goal of "doing nothing" the day before is to keep your energy up, confidence up, and remind you life goes on after this insanity is over. If you're like me and need to stay connected to keep anxiety down, I find that light reviewing helps on "off days" - flashcards, reviewing old exams, reviewing my notes etc - it keeps me in the MCAT headspace without causing burn out. I plan to continue up through the day before the exam, but I agree taking a whole test before test day is too much. You don't need that stress right before the big day. ...my opinion, this is what works for me. :) Good luck, you'll do great!