MCAT at Univ. Cincinnati

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

DPS319

Did any of you out there have the pleasure of taking your test at the wonderful University of Cincinnati? You know, the one where the national weather service warning system kicked in during BS. The same testing site where the proctors allowed watches beeping, cellphones ringing and in one instance told a student, "Mr. Lee will undoubtedly FAIL this test!". Let me know if you want to read, sign or add to my complaint which will be sent to the aamc and UC.

Members don't see this ad.

I didn't test at that particular center, however my center had it's share of distractions. Everything from a room change (with no directions to the new room). So for people like myself, who was not familiar with the campus...Then the room that we moved to was right next to the airport, so I heard every American Airline flight that landed.We had a cellphone ring, vibrate, ...it was ridiculous. But the most annoying part for me was the proctors talking through the exam. They were trying to whisper a conversation during verbal (the section were I need the most concentration). Come on - this is like the most important test of our lives- read a book or something, but you can't talk (whispering in a room that is extremely quiet does not work) during the MCAT.

Hey--I took it at Kent State and we didn't have any air conditioning--it was like 90 degrees in the room and no windows. Also, I had various cell phones/watches going off during my test as well.

What I did to deal with peripheral noise was to cover my hand over my ears and read. Then answer after that. It worked and I'm glad I thought of doing it. During a test, its hard to think about that kind of thing to do because you're so focused on the test that most of the time people dont do anything to counteract the noise.